Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big brake kit out of corvette c6, anyone any experience??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big brake kit out of corvette c6, anyone any experience??

Hi,

I'm orienting on how to do my brake setup for my 430 build on a peugeot 406... when googling around on big brake kits I came accross the link below, about a self made big brake kit using 14'' Corvette c6 rotors and using calipers from a Cadillac CTS-V...

Super Cheap Big Brake Kit - Info - LS1TECH

Couple of questions:

Does anyone have experience with this setup?

Does anyone have any other alternatives?

Has anyone widened his front track in order not having to use wheel spacers on a similar car?

Originally posted by dman1409 View Post
    Hi,

I'm orienting on how to do my brake setup for my 430 build on a peugeot 406... when googling around on big brake kits I came accross the link below, about a self made big brake kit using 14'' Corvette c6 rotors and using calipers from a Cadillac CTS-V...

Super Cheap Big Brake Kit - Info - LS1TECH

Couple of questions:

Does anyone have experience with this setup?

Does anyone have any other alternatives?

Has anyone widened his front track in order not having to use wheel spacers on a similar car?
    no idea on Peugeot, I have a set of brackets that allow the ls calipers to work on a fiero with 13" rotors... I have thought if I could find a set of cts-v calipers cheap I would try the 14" but the 13" is overkill on the fiero.. Personally if just going for looks I would go more for the newer cts-v 6 pot calipers, you going to have to make the brackets for the Peugeot anyways and would not be very hard to do... just lots of measuring and have someone who can cut the brackets for you..
    1987 Fiero GT 3800sc
    1985 Fiero GT Northstar
    1985 Fiero GT 3800

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrown View Post
      no idea on Peugeot, I have a set of brackets that allow the ls calipers to work on a fiero with 13" rotors... I have thought if I could find a set of cts-v calipers cheap I would try the 14" but the 13" is overkill on the fiero.. Personally if just going for looks I would go more for the newer cts-v 6 pot calipers, you going to have to make the brackets for the Peugeot anyways and would not be very hard to do... just lots of measuring and have someone who can cut the brackets for you..
      Hi Jbrown,

Do you have any info on how to cut the brackets.. Suspension conversions are bit new to me... Do you know any practical examples for inspiration?!

Cheers

Comment

The Corvette big brakes on the Fiero are well documented over on fiero.nl. If you go into search and type in Corvette brake conversions, you will end up with several threads and in them there should be the bracket templates. I have them somewhere as well but not here at work.

I will look for them when I get home and remember (the remembering part tends to be the hard part for me....) The Peugeot would be totally unknown to me but I have also built a custom set of control arms for the rear and a full front cross member and arms for widened suspension on a Fiero.

Cheers
        Don
        308 Ferrari replica
        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

@ don ..... Rreminder 4 templates!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrown View Post
            That sure looks a lot like mine...Big brake alternate for 88 - Pennock's Fiero Forum

No idea how to go about putting it on a Peugeot, although the steps are the same.

1) mount the rotor on the hub. probably need some form of hub ring.
            2) position the caliper. Check for clearance in all directions.
            3) see what it will take to mount the caliper bridge to the upright. Make it.

Bob
            Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
            http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

they do look a lot alike.. Mine is on an 85 though,, I plan on running same setup on the rear later, right now have 11" on the rear
              My Build
              Last edited by Jbrown; 11-07-2013, 12:38 PM.
              1987 Fiero GT 3800sc
              1985 Fiero GT Northstar
              1985 Fiero GT 3800

Comment

This is the Corvette mount I was thinking of. I can't remember if this was for an '88 Fiero or earlier models though. I also think it is for the 12" upgrade option.

Honestly, go to fiero.nl and do a search on Corvette brakes and you will get a couple dozen threads with lots of discussion. No idea how it would work for the Peugeot though. I think you are up to the ideas above where you mount and measure. The pics from Pennocks may help you with some of the shapes and ideas though. There are concentric rings that go with these mounts as well but I didn't seem to have the drawing where I thought it should be. Need to make new ones for your application anyway.

Thanks
                Don
                Attached Files
                308 Ferrari replica
                Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Thanx for all the info guys! well appreciated!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X