Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 430 quarter quest plz think along

Hi Gents,

Just received my oem 430 quarter glass! Happy like a kid!

What are your ideas about how to adjust the panel to the quarter? Im thinking about:

- flattening the artificial "b pillar strip" on the panel.
    - filling the spaces with upol b fibre glass paste... Sand it downt to the correct shape.

Or

use foam to lay glass over and when hardened cut the foam out from the back side... Dont know if you guys understand what I mean ... If not i'll draw you something up...

Bekow are some pictures...

Cheers

Last edited by dman1409; 01-21-2014, 07:14 PM.

Last edited by dman1409; 01-21-2014, 07:14 PM.

Comment

If you change the qtr glass, will the door glass line up correctly?

Bob
      Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
      http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

Originally posted by RCR View Post
        If you change the qtr glass, will the door glass line up correctly?

Bob
        Yes, the door glass is going to be OEM aswell.... So it has to line up. Going to change the entire roof line ... Dunno how yet... But ey... Everything can be made.. :-)

Got most of the essential door parts to make it work..

Comment

Originally posted by dman1409 View Post
          Yes, the door glass is going to be OEM aswell.... So it has to line up. Going to change the entire roof line ... Dunno how yet... But ey... Everything can be made.. :-)

have u bought your donor yet? Can't want to see your build man
          Building F430 replica based on Toyota Celica 190 T Sport using kit provided by SRC Kit Cars, all advice gratefully received
          http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-kit-cars.html

Comment

Expect to buy the donor in march this year and then I will start the build..

Still collecting parts and figuring out stuff like the quarters etc..

Anyone any ideas???

Comment

Originally posted by dman1409 View Post

I like the way you think. ;o)

Bob
              Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
              http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

just a tought, you could cut the upper line of the panel, reattach it to fit the glass, and fill the space above with fiberglass

Comment

Originally posted by mr. K View Post
                  just a tought, you could cut the upper line of the panel, reattach it to fit the glass, and fill the space above with fiberglass
                  my thought, plus you could try to gain a bit space towards the rear end of the panel. this would give you better lineup on the front of the panel

Comment

Wait until you fit the panels to the car. If you start filling up gaps now you will probably need to redo it once you have the panels all in place.

When are we going to see a donor car ripped apart?
                    My Projects:

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...y-project.html
                    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-facelift.html
                    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...430-build.html

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                      Wait until you fit the panels to the car. If you start filling up gaps now you will probably need to redo it once you have the panels all in place.

When are we going to see a donor car ripped apart?
                      Hey sean!

I everything goes well I buy the donor in March!!! I only need the side glass of the door... As you said, I will be working on the gaps once i have put the panels on the car....

I have also bought oem roof line strips... These meTal strips run allong the a-pillar al the way back to the rear quarter! They are very valueble for my build as they are a good reference for my roof line and a-pilars to fig oem glass..

I will dry fit the oem quarter glass, than I will run the metal strip along the top side of the oem quarter glass.... By doing this i will have the perfect reference..

See the pics below of the strips I'vd bought:

Last edited by dman1409; 01-27-2014, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Small sneak preview... Got all my panels trimed and got some oem parts in!

Oem hand break lever...

Comment

nice parts dman what make is the kit ? you going down the macgyver route and changing all the roof then

yes lets see the donar car buddy and some more pics

Comment

Originally posted by beemaman View Post
                            nice parts dman what make is the kit ? you going down the macgyver route and changing all the roof then

yes lets see the donar car buddy and some more pics
                            Yo Beemabuddy!

By the looks of it i will have my donor in March... I need oem side glass first together with the quarters and roof strips ( on eurospares they are called mouldings). When I have the donor I start my build diary and will be posting plenty of pics..

The kit is from V-Design motorsports in Belgium... It is basicallly an improved extreme kit on many points. Excelent quality panels. Great service etc..

They also made this lambo on a fiero

I want to fit oem glass all around in my build... I dont wNt any differences in my car next to the real thing... Luckaly one of my best friends has a real 360 so i can get a lot of measurements from that.. Want to go all the way and i will not rest until i fit that glass in all around! I have seen 2 builders successfully install Audi a3 glass in extreme builds which looks quite good. But I was thinking I would have to alter the pillars and roofline anyway when fitting audi glass so I might as well go for OEM while i'm at it ... Lol
                            Last edited by dman1409; 01-28-2014, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Got the window strips in today!!!! Now i can determine the roof line!!! Yeah!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X