original countach bolt pattern. ..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original countach bolt pattern. ..?

just a quick question I'm inquiring to see what the original bolt pattern is for Lamborghini Countach... Really appreciated

Hi Bottlefed, I have OEM wheels and they measure 70mm between the adjacent holes and 114mm between centres of holes across to the other side, not sure what that is in pcd .It is the same as a BMW 1988 750 e32 just checked it in the driveway, if you need other measurements just ask, here is the off set front says 11.75mm rear is 20mm centre hub hole is 70mm at face.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lambolex; 01-29-2014, 10:28 PM. Reason: measurement mistake

Comment

PCD is 5x120mm

Comment

hi Lamboillinois, I always wondered how do they arrive at a figure of 120mm I have the wheels in front of me and nothing measures 120mm just found this definition of pcd Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD)

Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD)
        The P.C.D. can be defined as the diameter (in millimetres)
        of an imaginary circle drawn through the centre of the stud
        holes on the wheel and/or the vehicle wheel hub.
        But what i'm measuring is the pcd and its definitely 114 across in a circle.
        I have heard for years the Countach wheels were 120mm, but when I got mine they measure 114.and they are genuine OZ from an 87 Countach.
        But the internet is full of mis quoted figures. so I will go with what's in my hot little hands, it just leaves me somewhat confused because I have also heard of BMW being 120 also and the Original Countach used BMW 7 series hubs. and the E32 in the driveway definitely measures 114. as does the 1996 e38 750
        Last edited by Lambolex; 01-29-2014, 11:15 PM.

Comment

You must be measuring wrong

BMW is very certainly 5x120 so its the way you are measuring which is incorrect

If the BMW and countach rims both is 114 according to your measurement you can be confident the actual spec is 5x120

Comment

he must not be measuring through the centerline of the stud to the center of the bolt pattern.
            Without talent experience is worthless

Comment

When measuring a 5 bolt pattern you cannot measure from one hole to another. You have to measure from one hole to a spot directly opposite it that is actually half way between the two holes on the other side. Your 114 is probably actually 120.

Comment

Isn't Chevrolet also 5X120? I have the OEM Hercules wheels and they bolt right on to my S-10 hubs.
                Last edited by murcie-me; 01-30-2014, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Yes . Chevy s10 is 5x120.

Comment

chevy is 120.7mm or 5x4.75" which will still fit 5x120. my car has 5x115mm hubs on the rear but I run 5x114.3 (5x4.5") wheels.
                    1987 Fiero GT 3800sc
                    1985 Fiero GT Northstar
                    1985 Fiero GT 3800

Comment

Measureing 5 stud pcd

Thanks Guys for the info, looks like there are many ways to measure it.I have been digging for a method that works and this seems the most accurate to date. and as the adjacent studs measure 70mm between, if you multiply by the 1.7012 it is close enough at 119.84 to the 120mm quoted above.
                      From this forum
                      Measuring the PCD of 5 stud bolt pattern. - 4WD Chat - Australia4WD Forum

Here's another method that's got some science and geometry about it, where you measure between the 2 holes shown, to give you X, then multiply by a constant of 1.7012 to give you the total PCD.

5 HOLE WHEELS
                      Measure the distance X between the centres of 2 ADJACENT holes and multiply by 1.7012

I gather this was calculated by constructing a right angle triangle from the wheel hub centre to one of the wheel stud centre holes and a perpendicular line down to horizontal line constructed beween the lower stud hole centres.
                      Then calculate: Constant = 2(.5/sin 36 deg), which is 2(0.5/0.58778), which equals 1.7013......yeah, I should have known......sure..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Make sure your flux capacitor is fully charged before calculating any more patterns though.

Comment

The easiest way to check the bolt pattern of any wheel is to measure from the outside of a bolt hole to the middle of the opposite hole.

Old hotrodders trick.

Comment

Agreed Murcie-me but will the wheel or the whole car disappear at 88 miles an hour? lol

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X