Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn:experts and fabricators. recent bought murci driving project issues. new pics!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes turbocharger and turbo is the same technically I was jus saying turbo in reference to what ppl mean by grenade the 2.5 whitch is nitrous spray like fast & furious setups or gone in 60 sec buttons that spray in. Most ppl say one thing but mean another so I was jus saying turbo in response to what cutlass 442 was saying which from what know is geared towards nitrous spray. Or as you may hear 100 shots or im running a 150 shot. Thats nitrous which will blow motors but turbochargers and superchargers are good for running constant or consistant lvls of boost I.e 5lbs or 15lbs of boost. Certain hondas built right can run 30lbs of boost. I would never do that on this 2.5. Just 5lbs of boost is sufficent for this app and no new injectors or ecm reprohramming would be needed but this. Internet breakdown which was easier to copy and paste will explain

A turbo is similar to a supercharger, except it has an exhaust housing instead of a pulley, and runs off of your exhaust gasses. As your car produces exhaust, the exhaust gas spins the turbine which causes the compressor to force air into the engine. A turbo is more efficient than a supercharger since your engine does not need to work harder to power the turbo. Because a turbo is not connected directly to the engine, it can spin much faster than a supercharger.

So basically a turbo charger just speeds up what the engine can already do, and it makes your car sound like a fighter jet. Plus working off exaust fumes with forged internals you would have to be redlining and running gears out too long to blow up a motor especially on 5lbs
    Last edited by the1withplans; 02-04-2014, 03:12 PM.
    Posting on board w/ my phone, sorry for the jumbled words

Comment

I can hardly believe that you are impressed with the performance of the four cylinder engine, but if you are I for sure wouldn't boost it. Get that fake blow off valve.

Comment

I mean its not insanely fast but it pulls like a nice honda civic I expected it to pull like a saturn. I have a lot of hotrods 5.0s 327's etc small block power and I can honestly say I dont see how no1 doesnt see the possibility. I drove a guys 3800 swap on a diablo that i was thinking abt purchasing and it was automatic so I kno its a bit diff but it didnt have this type of accerlation. Maybe h is computer was tuned bad or something bc I stomped on it and it didnt go anywhere as far as pick up time was concerned. If I turbocharge it based on the potential I see it would blow the doors off a lot of these reps I have seen and test driven. Maybe this is a superdudy block i dont know how to tell difference but based on what I saw last night a turbocharger would turn this thing on its head

If you know where I can getva fake bloe off valve i will order one though, but a turbocharger is definitely in my murci's future

Comment

I may be wrong (feel free to correct me if I am), but I think a supercharger is more efficient than a turbo charger. Turbos do put extra stess on the engine in the form of backpressure, and are subject to lag. I don't think it is possible to get the boost levels out of a turbo that you can out of a supercharger but I may be wrong.
          Back when I was building Mercenarys car, he brought a Fiero over that he wanted to use instead of the one his car had already been built on. It had the 3800SC engine in it, and it was insanely fast. IDK what was wrong with the Diablo that you drove, but Mercenarys 3800 was one of the fastest cars I ever drove. From a stop, if you punched it the car would go wild spinning the tires, its was actually scary.
          Without talent experience is worthless

Comment

Yea I dunno either but it was very disappointing, based on what you say it probley was tuned down. Its a matter of.mere opinion about turbos and superchargers. Both have plus and minuses superchargers are belt. driven so.

From dead stop it creates power (with propper tune) advantage of running a turbo charger is based on what you said lag.. lag is the principle that a turbo is based upon. It runs based on the exhaust you push out so it will seem lik you have a lag of power bc you will be driving and out of nowhere you have huge amounts of power at your foot. Thats why turbos have to bump start thier car when drag racing but a sc's can take off.

Turbos have backpressure asa draw back but backpressure usually generates when ppl hold it in gear at higher rpms, downshift, or shift without full clutch depression so blowoff valve doesn't have enought tome to release pressure

Sc are more prone to blowing a motor in my opinion bc they are belt driven so even when your not wanting to get in it, still its running at full speed and being a belt driven its your motor works harder to push the extra Belt. On the up side producesvmassive power on proper tune from dead stop when tuned right.

So basically its all about what you want out of a setup, I dont necessaryly wany power from dead stop bc as you said about mercs car it was spinning everywhere. Id rather keep the 2.5 traction upton take off and as I reach 3-4k on tach the exaust will have massive amounts of power pushing the turbo. So basically shifting at low rpms keeps me out of insane speed and if I want speed I just get in it a little. Instead of a sc having to baby foot it all the time since sc has power as soon as I start car basically

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X