Countach turn signal bucket frames?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countach turn signal bucket frames?

Guys, search didn't real reveal much. Does anyone have any ideas for the black frame around the turn signals/side lights on a Countach replica? What is used? I know how the original was done but how to copy?

K9
    Last edited by K9COP; 08-08-2014, 02:05 AM.

Mine are made out of steel. Not sure if i am going to reuse them or go with something else. Havent really investigated them much. I actually thought the originals were plastic frames. This steel is really heavy.

Comment

Thanks for replying. The originals are actually brazed 'L' section brass. I was wondering if black plastic licence plate frames could be adapted. I ordered a cheap pair. Watch this space!

Comment

Here's a couple of pics of an original frame that was on Ebay a while ago....:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqMOKpYFIt1kTPG(BSO1lpZYyQ~~60_3.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	379115 Click image for larger version

Name:	$T2eC16JHJHcFFkLzB4,9BSO1l2Hq4Q~~60_3.JPG
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	379116

Makes me wonder if a couple of these could be adapted/combined:

Name:	number plate frames.JPG
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	379117 Click image for larger version

Name:	number plate frame.JPG
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	379118

The profile looks so familiar but I can't put my finger on where I've seen a similar thing.... May have to hunt around for the correct size/corners etc...

K9

Comment

Those brass ones are exactly what I have except made of steel (and they are rusty and nasty atm). That is awesome. I didn't even think about brass. I could measure mine but if your body is not the same size, wont really help much. You should have a lip though on your body to get the measurements from to create ones that are a perfect fit. I think mine is an exact fit because I have the original OEM lenses and they fit the lip with frame but my frames are ugly and a bit wider then this pic.

Name:	frame_w_lens.jpg
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	379120

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X