zonda / rover heater control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zonda / rover heater control

Hi guys, I have bought a heater control for my Zonda but I have no info on wiring it up. I found a thread on kit central where this topic was discussed but no info on how to do anything with it other than buy some guys control board.
    At the very least I would like to power it up, and maybe display the temp I'm not expecting to control ac/ or heating.
    Can anyone help please?
    Regards
    Nick

Twin turbo V8 Zonda inspired thingy

Regards
    Nick

Comment

Looks like its from a Rover 45 or MG ZS. I think you can find the wiring diagram at MGRover | Online

Comment

I have the same controler, but I have it modified by RiceBurner to control the vintage air AC unit. You might drop him a line, he's on here but it can take him a bit to get back to you, but he will
        Now building in Mooresville NC
        [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianburton[/url]
        [url]http://profile.imageshack.us/user/AdrianBurton[/url]
        [url]http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/AdrianBurton/[/url]

Comment

Hi , Nick ,

I will get you started , Pin (2) Ground , Pin (3) Ignition positive , Pin (26) Permanent positive . This will light up and then give you the first error code as nothing else is plugged in.

Regards , Neil

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
            Hi , Nick ,

I will get you started , Pin (2) Ground , Pin (3) Ignition positive , Pin (26) Permanent positive . This will light up and then give you the first error code as nothing else is plugged in.

Regards , Neil
            hi Neil, and thanks which pin is pin 1? there is a 1 in 4 chance of getting wrong
            Regards
            Nick

Comment

Nick , no chance of getting it wrong , however I know you have a eye problem at the moment .

If you look at the 26pin socket , they are labelled in each corner - so bottom left (1) to bottom right (13) , upper left (14) to upper right (26) . Magnifying glass recommended.

Comment

Nick , no chance of getting it wrong , however I know you have a eye problem at the moment .

If you look at the 26pin socket , they are labelled in each corner - so bottom left (1) to bottom right (13) , upper left (14) to upper right (26) . Magnifying glass recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by nicktruman View Post
                  hi Neil, and thanks which pin is pin 1? there is a 1 in 4 chance of getting wrong
                  My eyes are really bad at the moment, but even with a close up picture i cant see any numbers

I got smoke coming from something yesterday!

Regards
                  Nick

Comment

Is this correct Neil? I had the pins numbered completely differently to this
                    Last edited by nicktruman; 08-21-2014, 05:05 AM.
                    Regards
                    Nick

Comment

Yep . that looks right .

You have the focus too far in , here is where to look.
                      Attached Files

Comment

thanks for all your help
                        It works and look fab !!!
                        do you know if it will interface with anything? if i get the sunlight sensor, ambient sensor etc.. will that work? I need to fit a blower, i know there will be no climate control, but will the controller power a fan? what would i need to get ot to do something?

Regards
                        Nick

Comment

i have found out that pins 17 and 18 power the recirculating fan. giving 12 v on pin 18 when on, and 12v on pin 17 when off. I have used this 12v to power a relay and turn on the fan. I cant work out how to get any of the other bits working
                          Regards
                          Nick

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X