No announcement yet.

countach roofline repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job Don, but boy, do I have some more work to do. I just took measurements from the Pilkington drawings I have, and there are three different designs of front quarter window, four (count 'em! ) different designs of rear quarter window, and the other door windows. Each of the drawings on my 'Pilkington sheet' has a part number so I will measure those accurately with a flat rule, and graphically present my findings as Don has, with part numbers according to the drawings. I will seek to establish from Peter Swann or Martin Allen their intended application for each part number. The way the drawings present, it looks like the drawer drew around flat, before bending, blanks of glass to produce the shapes.

Just when we thought it had got a bit clearer!Incidentally,

second steps of gaining an audience with a real car were successful today, so I'll be taking requests for images etc, but will start a separate thread when the meet is confirmed..

K9

Comment

Edit, there are actually five different designs of front 1/4 window on the drawings I have from Pilkington. Trying to work out a reliable way to publish with measurements. Probably will go with going over the lines on the brown paper with a slightly thicker pen, maybe attaching printed rulers alongside each edge then scanning/photographing....

K9
      K9COP
      Last edited by K9COP; 01-09-2015, 05:11 AM.

Comment

I just wanted to point out that with all this good info being presented here , that as all these dimensioned drawing parts have 4+ sides some angles / or corner to corner measurements are required to make these useful .

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
          I just wanted to point out that with all this good info being presented here , that as all these dimensioned drawing parts have 4+ sides some angles / or corner to corner measurements are required to make these useful .
          Yep, agreed, that's why I'm trying to find an effective way of presenting the drawings from Pilkington.

This is pretty interesting too:

OE door glass

Can you say, 'duplication'??

K9

Comment

Yes, the angles are the missing link that will really help with the drawings etc. All the parts may be close in length but if the angles are different to the point that the top is far enough off that they won't fit in the same frame makes it hard to determine what the differences really are.

The good thing about these though, is that there are options showing up after some considerable digging and as replica builders, we can adjust the cabs and doors around a bit to make sure everything fits in the end. As long as we are still the build stage that is...... A different story for oem Countach owners......

Hopefully we get more info soon and everyone can make their own design and usage decisions.....

Cheers
            Don
            308 Ferrari replica
            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

I'll try and post the angles for the glass tonite . That was the difficulty I had with converting measurements from Pilkinton to actual patterns .

Later

Comment

Originally posted by dhart99 View Post
                I'll try and post the angles for the glass tonite . That was the difficulty I had with converting measurements from Pilkinton to actual patterns .

Later
                Got it, which is why I'm trying to find a way to supply you guys with exact copies of actual patterns from Pilkington....

K9

Comment

Well these are the angles I got from the OEM sized Sienna glass pieces I have , doubt they will work with the Pilkington kit and not sure about the original Lamborghini glass.

Starting from the top of the quarter going clockwise the angles are 30 115 115 100
                  Starting from the top right corner of the upper panel going clockwise the angles are 90 90 60 120
                  Starting from the top right corner ot the lower panel going clockwise the angles are 90 130 130 250 120 60 120

hope this helps
                  Dale
                  Last edited by dhart99; 01-14-2015, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Well guys I'm here at a custom auto glass place. With the.Pinkerton curvered glass. I am going to get a quote for the tooling and product for a tempered glass set. I would like to find an OE set to mold. But I have not had any luck. Either way the quote should be close for that glass when I do find it.

Comment

That's great news Cliff, but apart from accuracy, is tempered preferable to laminated?

K9

Comment

Hi , Guys ,
                        I have zipped a .skp ( sketchup ) file which has the three pieces of door glass drawn to the OEM given dimensions and the angles also provided . You will see that the drop glass needs some verification on dimensions / angles as it just doesn't work . If these can be found then I can correct the drawing to a working specification.
                        The front trianglular glass has been cut straight across at the tip as the two side measurements have been taken as spec , so avoids a sharp point and looks more correct I think .
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks String.

I just downloaded the file and tried opening it and it said it was empty.....

Anyone else have any issues with the zip file?

Thanks
                          Don
                          308 Ferrari replica
                          Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
                            Thanks String.

I just downloaded the file and tried opening it and it said it was empty.....

Anyone else have any issues with the zip file?

Thanks
                            Don
                            Hi , I just downloaded the file [45,132bytes] and unzipped to 100,389bytes . Should have a CRC of CBFEC3AB .
                            And it is there , not sure what else I can try . I can send directly - pm me.

Comment

Yes. Sorry. I tried again using WinRAR and it came out no problem..... My regular Windows Zip functionality would not recognize it for some reason....

IN looking at it now.

Thanks
                              Don
                              308 Ferrari replica
                              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

If I'm reading this layout right I'm thinking the 130 angle should be more like 150 to put the the lower corner to intersect with the 30.5"upward line then the next one looks like 120 then 240. That whole corner was a rough layout because it doesn't exist on my glass .Thanks String for the layout work , it took me a while to download all the programs to view the file , I still use Paint
                                Last edited by dhart99; 01-16-2015, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X