countach roofline repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed;

Can you move the steering column forward and shorten the collapsing section of the column? I have seen several folks push the bottom shaft up toward the steering wheel on cars to be able to move the column forward. The other option would be to take that shaft out of the column and shorten it as well so you still retain the collapsing capability for any crashing. Any way to shorten the intermediate shaft between the column and the steering rack?

Can you take some pics of your sienna and post them here in a new thread? We would all like to see your project.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Ed;

Sorry, I also forgot to ask, can you get some pics of the side glass from Sienna and post in this thread please? Any way to show the compound curve you were talking about?

Thanks
      Don
      308 Ferrari replica
      Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Ladies/gents, more info on the whole high/low body saga...

Harry Metcalfe comes through again. A brief explanation at time index 7:01 or thereabouts on the Countach roofline in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h8y9Fzzn9k

His other videos definitely deserve watching too for their detail content on the Countach and others, as so does Youtube user 'SaabKyle'. He has some excellent detail stuff on the Countach...

K9
        Last edited by K9COP; 02-24-2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Roof line

Originally posted by dhart99 View Post
          I have an Armstrong Countach kit and along with every kit I have seen the roofline height is wrong at the windsheild. I remenber someone changing this area by pushing the roof up and the windsheild up also . Do these measurements exist somewhere from a real Countach that shows the proper measurement from the floor to the top edge of the windsheild ?

Thanks
          Hey guys, you might be right about the roofline being wrong on some replicas Or you might be wrong???. I have learned Several years after your post in around 2012 that the factory aparently Produced what is now called "Low body" cars up through about 1980 ish. After that they supposedly slightly change the roofline bringing the roof up where it meets the windshield about an inch and a half Reducing the sloped roof to almost dead level and raised the cars ride height about 2". Check this out, you may find some info on the web though it is very limited. My replica also has the slightly sloped roof which I was concerned about until I found out about the low body cars. I would prefer to have mine like the original earlier cars anyway. Some suggest that while this change did not allow much more Headroom it did increase front visibility slightly as they can be somewhat claustrophobic to drive. So it sort of depends on your preference if you like the earlier low body Or the later high body look.

Comment

• Thanks for the help guys, I had a similar problem with this kit. But I solved the problem quickly enough with angle grinder. And thanks to my friend who recommended me to go to here The Tool Scout and quickly read reviews about what tools are most suitable for me. So the problems with the roof were solved quite quickly, which I am very happy about. It is strange that there are still such problems with this kit.
            Last edited by JohnEstacado; 12-20-2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X