No announcement yet.

Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV Replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a nice detailed video review of the Countach from Harry's garage on youtube, which shows a euro version QV countach, which is the look I'm after, with the acrylic covered emblems, at around the 5 minute mark. I'm sure many of you have already seen the video. It's hard to hear Harry speak in the latter part of the video, cause he's cruising in it with the engine RUMBLING in the background.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZuZBZyV6Eg

Comment

Ahhh yes, I love the British with their cool accents

Comment

Oh yes, and here is the pic of another one of my former babies, the Testarossa "red head", as I was having her trailered home. Sadly, I never got around to completing her and she will be missed.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CountachExoticaUSA View Post
          Ahhh yes, I love the British with their cool accents
          LOL, gotta be careful of them 'Brits', and the English are even worse....

Great info on the badges, so does that mean the 'acrylic coated' Bertone badges are the correct ones for the Countach? If so, how about these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-Silv...hT4AHZ&vxp=mtr

The Harry's garage video is one of the better ones on youtube for the Countach, but search for youtube user 'Saabkyle' he has two good detailed and long videos of Countachs too.

K9

Comment

I would take that ebay ad with a "grain of salt" or skepticism. If you read his description carefully as noted below, these are reproductions he is having made overseas in Germany. He himself is based out of Atlanta, GA according to his ebay ad.

DESCRIPTION

This is a new silver on black disegno bertone script for Ferrari. This item is made to 100% OEM specs with original markings. Made in Germany with 2-3 Week Production time.

He also has a website with his abbreviated username from ebay, which show 2 of the same raised letter Bertone emblems, which appear the same and even cost the same at $54, however he describes one as Ferrari and the other Lamborghini, as referenced from his link below
            http://www.mrfiat.com/catalogsearch/...isegno+bertone

I've researched through several of my Lamborghini and Countach books/magazines that I own and it also confirms the acrylic emblem as being the correct one for my particular QV model.
            To the ebay sellers credit, his emblems "appear" to be of good quality and his prices are fairly reasonable, however, I'm also looking at some of his negatives that he has received from not delivering some of his products. The raised letter version will work as both versions are similar, however from my research and confirmed facts, I'm going with the acrylic ones.

Comment

Originally posted by K9COP View Post

The Harry's garage video is one of the better ones on youtube for the Countach, but search for youtube user 'Saabkyle' he has two good detailed and long videos of Countachs too.

Yes, I have already seen his Countach videos and they are very juicy and informatative
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQjvg490mDA

Comment

While on the subject of Countach videos, here are two of my favorites. My favorite part is in Speed Zone, at approx. 8:19 time mark, the black po-po says "Cmon' baby, let's catch us some Lamborghini" - love it!
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39FmnBRAEu4
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8o_veYmd1g
                Last edited by CountachExoticaUSA; 02-15-2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Here is a nice detailed video review of the Countach from Harry's garage on youtube, which shows a euro version QV countach, which is the look I'm after, with the acrylic covered emblems, at around the 5 minute mark. I'm sure many of you have already seen the video. It's hard to hear Harry speak in the latter part of the video, cause he's cruising in it with the engine RUMBLING in the background.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZuZBZyV6Eg
                  Yay for Harry's Garage! I just found his channel.

I'm more interested in a Ferrari, but I watched this Countach video last night. I love how much detail he goes into on each of the vehicles. And, yes, he is hard to hear over the Lambo's engine.

I wish he'd have worn a lapel mic or something. He has a lot of good detailed info, but it's hard to hear. Darn that supercar V12! lol

Comment

wow I only see 2 pics it looks beautiful. I have a very accurate diablo replica and am working on another accurate replica. it is time consuming getting all the details correct especially if the kit isn't accurate bit looks like you've got one nice car to tweak a little bit to me it perfect. I'm jealous. I'm trying to find a good countach myself so congrats
                    Last edited by colato; 03-19-2016, 09:26 PM.

Comment

replica wheel covers

Originally posted by colato View Post
                      wow I only see 2 pics it looks beautiful. I have a very accurate diablo replica and am working on another accurate replica. it is time consuming getting all the details correct especially if the kit isn't accurate bit looks like you've got one nice car to tweak a little bit to me it perfect. I'm jealous. I'm trying to find a good countach myself so congrats
                      Hi, I think I saw that you mentioned somewhere in this thread that you were looking for replica wheels or wheel covers. There is a set of replica wheel covers on eBay now. I think they are asking $1,500. Listed under Countach parts.
                      I have a Countach replica that never got built I hope to get on the road one day. Tube frame chassis and body by Kustom Motor Cars out of Texas in late 80s/ Ealy 90s.
                      I'm slowly collecting Parts when I see a good deal here and there.
                      Wish mine was as far along as yours and Dons

Comment

Hello fellow car friends from all around the world! I'm new to this forum and just joined, however I'm crazy about exotic cars.
                        I just obtained my dream car, a 1986 Lamborghini Countach 5000 Quattrovalvole replica which is very detailed and highly accurate.
                        However, there are a few areas of the car that could be more "authentic" so I'm hoping I can create this thread to get help
                        in obtaining the "most accurate" parts either from some of you gear heads out there or referal to the "correct donor car parts",
                        possibly OEM in some cases, which I do have a few of these parts already installed on the car. In return for helping me, I will also help
                        you out with the list of parts that I purchased so far and from which car donors they came from.
                        So here is what I'm looking for to start, if any of you have info or prices on parts that you are selling:

1. Door window frames
                        2. Interior stuff like seat shells, door skins, center console, etc...mostly fiberglass stuff.
                        3. Interior knobs, ac levers, and accessory push buttons
                        4. Quad headlight buckets/frames (anyone have the dimensions for this)
                        5. Looking for correct wheels or wheel covers? (I have centerlines currently)

I will most likely have to fabricate some parts, but it just depends on pricing if someone is selling these parts, for reasonable prices.
                        Oh and if you live in southern USA, maybe we can meet and really help each other out with our projects.
                        Thank you kindly,
                        Allan
                        There is a set of Countach wheel covers on eBay Under "Countach Parts". They are asking $1,500. I have a Late eighties/ early nineties Countach replica on a tube frame. Made by Kustom Motor Cars. Wondered who manufactured yours?

Comment

Check my Chupacabra Build Thread, I can get a real wheel set for about $500 more.

Comment

Originally posted by 76mx View Post
                            Check my Chupacabra Build Thread, I can get a real wheel set for about $500 more.
                            There are a lot of pages in your chuacabra thread. What page are the wheel set on. Do you know the
                            Manufacturer? Thanks

Comment

The last few posts. I am a little hesitant to reveal sources, but they are by Intro Wheel.

Comment

I'm back!!! Thank you kindly to all for keeping the thread alive through the years. I've been very busy with things in my life (some bad, some good) and slowly in my spare time perfecting the money pit, also known as the Countach.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X