Countach Wiper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countach Wiper

I have a countach replica with no wiper whatsoever...
    I really dont want one...but unfortunately NJ dmv wont let me pass inspection without one...The car is a Exotic Illusions kit and they have a wiper motor and arm but it seems very expensive....i am hoping someone out there can offer me a better suggestion...
    any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks guys...
    Eric

Re:Countach Wiper

Why not the stock Fiero duel (2) system.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Comment

I made my own for my car. Go to an Auto Wrecker and get about 3 or 4 different arms, the longer the better.
      Start with the pivot mount and make sure you have the correct spline and fastening system. Measure from pivot to passenger and side of windshield then from pivot to top of windshield. Go with the shorter measurement. If you want to go with a dual pivot poin the pivot must be at about 4 o,clock close to 3/4 away from the pivot. This is not a great pic but have a look a my wiper
      http://stweb.peel.edu.on.ca/sssweb/T...ppics/kc05.jpg
      Weld it all together, remember, there is no sure thing as TOO BIG of a wiper when you talk about a Countach.

Jim
      http://jimdinner.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hey Jim,nice Lambo you got there a 25th Aniversiery I belive.
        The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Comment

red328gtb where are you located in NJ. I am also in NJ.

Comment

Im in Aberdeen

Comment

8) I think we talked on the phone about this idea,,,,,,,but here it is again for others to input. The Prezz had used a GM rear wiper motor off of a mini van. Sorry,,,,,,can't remember which one. It was GM though,,,,,,,easier wiring he said. It mounted directly to the underside of the body,,,right in the spot you would need it. It was small enough to mount and needed no other parts. The arm mounts to the motor directly. You could then use any wiper to pass the inspection,,,,,,,,take it off and store it in the trunk! Most pics you see of Lambo kits don't have the wiper mounted,,,,,just the spindle sticking up. You could then use one of those cute, yellow "smiley antenna balls" to cover the spindle! Wouldn't that be just the finishing accessory? Hope this helps.,,,,,,,,,,,,,p.s.,,,,,,any good steering wheel stories lately? 8)

Comment

My suggestion would be to ''just do it". Make it look right. If you dont want to shell out the bucks then build one yourself. Check the threads a Honda odyssey passenger side has the right dual blade configuration...some people take the two blade fiero system and turn it into one....I used a wiper arm setup from an R.V. (two arms) and will connect it to the motor via fiero wiper motor linkgage. Work an extra day...miss a few movie/dinner runs...whatever....it looks better with the blade in place and functional....my two cents.
                lambobro

Comment

the man doesn't have a wiper motor or anything yet. I don't know how it had ever been tagged without one. He needs ideas on more than just the wiper arm,,,,,,,anyone else? 8)

Comment

jdinner: Welcome to the forum!! Aren't you the one with the "classroom project" countach build site? If you are,,,,,,,can we post a link here for others to admire? 8)

Comment

Yes, it is me.
                      I have been a licensed mechanic for over 21 years and a high school auto teacher for 4.5 years. I still run my own truck repair business and I now do car appraisals also.
                      Have a look at my school site
                      http://streetsville.web.com
                      Cheers
                      Jim

Originally posted by LarryBud
                      jdinner: Welcome to the forum!! Aren't you the one with the "classroom project" countach build site? If you are,,,,,,,can we post a link here for others to admire? 8)
                      http://jimdinner.wordpress.com/

Comment

If you're mechanically inclined then use a fiero motor mounted in the front with custom linkage...but it sounds like it might just be better to buy the whole kit and ka bootel and install or have someone do it for you..in the long run you will be happier

Comment

Larry...did you check out the high school site ? I'm jealous ...man I hope ours can look that good.
                          Lambobro

Comment

Larry to the rescue again!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X