Mounting the Vaydor roadster body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting the Vaydor roadster body

Hello everyone. So I spoke with Matt a couple of weeks and I am getting ready to buy the roadster Kit. How is the body mounted to the G35? I've tried researching it but can't come up with anything definitive. I found a post that said they welded all of the mounting tabs and also added some more. Also what extra bracing have you guys done to make the body more rigid and solid.

I don't need anyone telling me I cant do it or have someone else build it. I am looking for information on how the mounting process is done.

Thanks for any input you can provide. I look forward to learning from everyone on the forum.

Matt supplies a roll cage which you attach to the cut down g35

You then attach the body to the roll
    Cage and existing g35

Comment

have a read here then decide if you still wish to go though with it
      http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/co...or-review.html

Comment

Metro, I think anyone who has been on the worldwide web during the past month knows about your displeasure with Matt/Vaydor. Sorry that you had a bad experience but your trying to dissuade potential buyers is wearing thin. I can count on you replying to every potential buyer on this forum and it is getting old. You've said your peace now move on.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGTS View Post
          Metro, I think anyone who has been on the worldwide web during the past month knows about your displeasure with Matt/Vaydor. Sorry that you had a bad experience but your trying to dissuade potential buyers is wearing thin. I can count on you replying to every potential buyer on this forum and it is getting old. You've said your peace now move on.
          Hey BlackGTS, ***** For somebody with 2 total post on this forum, You sure have strong opinions about Matt/Vador. Every potential buyer of anything from Matt deserves to hear the Good and the BAD. Matt has been put up on a pedestal for years and it is time potential customers hear about what a terrible business person Matt is.
          On the GOOD SIDE; The Vaydor is a Good Looking Poser Car

Comment

Originally posted by metro View Post
            I recommend everybody read this thread about the Vaydor/ Matt Information is a great thing. I was at the time afraid to comment about Matts POOR business practices because he had a close following of Blind sided poster that were in LOVE with his design and would put up with anything in order to be close to the Genius that they felt Matt was.

Comment

This thread is about mounting a kit guys.
              Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
              White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
              White Gagliardi Vendetta
              Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Comment

Yes but I believe everyone should be warned as if I was aware of how much hassle this would be I wouldn't of entertained it for one second

Comment

Originally posted by cutlass442 View Post
                  Matt supplies a roll cage which you attach to the cut down g35

You then attach the body to the roll
                  Cage and existing g35
                  Thanks cutlass. Do u just glue the body to the frame? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by metro View Post
                    Thanks. I am well aware of your problem with Vaydor. I appreciate it but I don't want any of this on my post. I just want to know how to mount the body into the chassis.

Comment

3m and evercoat make a panel bond that glues about anything to anything. As long as you have nice fitment between the two parts it shoudl work. Having some mechanical fasteners to hold the fiberglass to the metal is also a good idea. We glue on roof skins and quarter panels on cars and use a few spot welds to make sure it stays on. I would actually like to see what the body looks like just sat on the frame to see what it takes to do it.
                      [url]https://www.facebook.com/RoyalworksSpeedShop/[/url]

Comment

Rolltide, I do not have an opinion either way of Matt, but it seems very odd to me that you claim to have spoken with Matt about purchasing a car, and yet you have to ask Cutlass a simple question like that, instead of just asking Matt himself. No offense to Cutlass, but surely Matt knows more about it than Cutlass does.

Comment

Fauxknowitall, I don't have an opinion either way and my number of posts has nothing to do with it. Potential buyers have no doubtedly searched about this build and have seen both the good and bad. Rehashing the same old line makes you guys look like sour grapes with no legitimate gripe. Sometimes more is NOT better and your intended result is nullified as people just tune you out. People can do the math; one or two crybabies get lost in all of the other accolades. Ask yourself, why has Matt "been put up on a pedestal"? Because of a shitty product or bad customer service? The market will dictate.
                          BlackGTS
                          Last edited by BlackGTS; 03-16-2017, 08:57 AM.

Comment

No doubtedly and shitty product. Why does every single Matt supporter have terrible grammar and a foul mouth? Just asking. Seems to me that makes the other side look bad as well.

Comment

I will not recap both Metro or Matts history here as it is recorded in other posts for anyone to read. However IMHO here is what to know about each of them.
                              METRO... is your typical kit car buyer who did not learn from those who went before him. Insisted his car be built and painted by someone who clearly said they do not do turnkey cars.
                              His ego continued to have him pour money into doing things in this industry you are not suppose to do hence he is lucky to have a car.
                              MATT... is not qualified to run the front end of any business and has demonstrated that time and again. He has been scammed into bad marketing, bad order taking, etc etc . he is how
                              ever very skilled tradesman, designer and builder who needs a good business manager. But he has been told this time and again too. Let the war of words begin.....
                              [COLOR=#ff0000]
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X