Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countach rad's

Hello:

I am installing a 4.9 caddy motor and am thinking about adding 2 radiators for some extra cooling. Hopefully in each side air duct like on the real car. Where can I find small ones to fit ?. Also What should I do about the gas filler is it possible to mount it like the a real lambo ?. Does anyone have some pics of what they have done?.

Thanks,

Re: Countach rad's

I saw kitcarnut's countach in person, he has extra rads in the proper areas to cool his v8 - ask him about it.
    Ari

Comment

well first I have a aluminum 6core rad front made for Z34 .and then two about 15X17 two core copper rads on back.local rad shop made it.they did not fit vertical so i tilled at about 45dec. at 90F heat it would run 230.so I add front spoiler at bottom of the front rad and on rear air trap wall.now it run at 190 in any outside temperature .If u want I 'll post some pics on weekend.

Comment

I use 2 VW Fox rads complete with their fans & thermal switches in front of each rear tire on my Koenig Competition. Works very well! Had to buy  lower temp thermal switches, but temp runs around 200 most of the time. You can find these rads w/fans at any boneyard and they are 'reasonable'. When picking at the boneyard, take the rubber sealing electrical connectors for the fans/thermal sensors at the same time. Note: you will need a high output alternator that will handle the 2 rad fans & possibly the Fiero front fan for AC.
        Sandy

Comment

Thanks for the reply's,

Kitcarnut: It would be great to see some pics, Where did you mount the fuel filler ?

cowans: What size are the VW Fox Rad's ?

Thanks Again for the help
          Trevor,

Comment

Lamboman, I just called a Radiator shop as I am at work. The measurements are:
            17" x 13.5" x 1 5/8".... Height x Width x Thickness.(not including fan). Fan & shroud just clip on. I even used their rubber isolation mounts!
            Sandy

Comment

Thanks cowans

Comment

Here's a pic of the rad intake, left side.
                Sandy

Comment

cowans: That is one sweet car you have Thanks for posting the pic.

Comment

Comment

Trevor here are some pics. Front and rear rads. so first is aluminum Z34 .rear custom made by some rad shop. 2nd pic is right side last two are left. I could not fit the left as right cause there is fuel filler neck.so it.s stretched 7.5" there are lot of room so I put it above the tranny and to the wall. hope this will give you bit of an idea. Ed

Comment

Ed: Thanks for posting the pics, You have an amazing car

I would like to get the rear rads all mounted before I install the engine. Where did you get the coolant bottle in the front compartment ?.

Thanks
                        Trevor,

Comment

front coolant bottle ? don't remember some Ford 90 -93??? it is not hard to install rads with engine in it.this way you can see if you are clear of of any cables ,piping and so on. I will post a fuel filler neck soon as I get bit of time tomorow. also most guys till the front rad like the original but because its not OEM I have do it this way .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X