New CNC Build - Looking for Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CNC Build - Looking for Projects

Finally got this is motion and there is still lots of work to do. I'm looking for projects in the meantime.

Welcome aboard PhantomGhost, Looks like there is already a lot of work done, from looking at your YouTube video. What kind of projects are you looking to do ? Are you looking for a few small jobs to try out your machine. I have a few 1/4 scale models I would like to have cut if you need some trial and error experience.

Originally posted by PhantomGhost View Post
    Finally got this is motion and there is still lots of work to do. I'm looking for projects in the meantime.

Comment

Thanks fauxknowitall! Yes, I am looking for basically ANYTHING to cut to gain the trial and error experience. ANYTHING...you name it.

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Hello : PhantomGhost

we are looking for someone to cut several small jobs before the end of the year, have you cut any parts. i saw the video of the machine working ....very nice job on getting to this point.

we are looking for someone to cut a rear engine cover & a deck tonneau cover behind the seats for a convertible ....we can work together as you learn with your machine.

all i ask for in return ,if i email you ,i get a answer within 48-72 hrs ,we are always clear in "Detail" about what we want or need with our spec,s as to how we want the piece or part made ,Not take it as i cut it or else ( the customer is the client & not a hostage to the machine owner + cnc item cost + shipping cost + shipping and tracking details, each on separate lines ,with Detailed Total .....so we are both clear through the entire deal.
          In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

Hello,

I've upgraded the machine with a new motion controller, servos, and software and have spent much time performing trial and error testing. I'm extremely confident in the machine and it's ability to be fast, accurate and repeatable. It is truly ready for work and I am prepared to offer VERY low cost service to build my portfolio.

Check out the video using only 2lb density foam...I get a good finish and smooth to the touch.

I have epoxy tooling paste as well, which is similar to bondo. Leaves a really good finish, but dulls the bit and is excessively dusty and stinky. I can supply plugs/prototypes unfinished as in the video, or they can be finished in a coating of your choice.

I have experience with building prepreg carbon fiber parts for an OEM supplier, and hope to be producing parts in the next few months. I have a 3D scanner handy. Maybe you have something in mind, don't hesitate to bounce ideas off of me. 1:1 Scale models? Sure. My cutting envelope is 80"x60"x20". My business address is located in Raleigh, NC. You're more than welcome to stop by

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X