X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re:kit car body - fibreglass repair?

depends on how big of a crack you got
    But you can do all the drilling and stuff to it. this is a glass body that is painted ?right you should sand the paint off first
    take a pieace of tape and duck out the under side of the body then clean the cut .Then carry on to hand lay the fiberglass down in the crack and over the hole and make sure the glass is over the hole crack then you can sand it with a 80 gritsand paper or a sander then use the bondo to block it use guide coat to make sure it is block nice and slick.then spray with gel coat or primer but make sure you mask off the area then base coat and then paint

well hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• michael
    replied

Dear folks,
    Thanks again. I will look for those bondo material and see if I can handle them.
    Michael.

Leave a comment:

• johnjs
    replied

good tip about the drilling the hole, Bob ...makes sense..john

Leave a comment:

• BondoBob
    replied

At the end of the crack,drill a 1/8 hole all the way through the fiberglass to stop it from traveling.Next,V out the crack with a drill bit or a router.Now the next thing you do,a lot of people have thear own way of doing as far as using sertin materials,I have always had good luck useing corvete pannel bond.It mixes like bondo,and dries fast.Its easy to work with and its as strong as anything out their.Another option is 3M pannel bond.It was disined to bond metal serfices together,but works great on fiberglass.its more costly,but worth the money.

Leave a comment:

• mike d.
    replied

its the oldest trick in the book,throughly grind into it ,obtain resin and matting ,properly apply mixed resin and mat and finish the original contour, its been done to death ,all kinds of articles and books and websites

Leave a comment:

• michael
    replied

Dear folks,

Thanks everybody, will try to learn from the website first.
    Michael.

Leave a comment:

• James_Bond_007
    replied

Try here:
    http://www.fiberglast.com/infocenter...503381e2f4274f

Leave a comment:

• dcox
    replied

Provide a picture first, and I'm sure somebody will help.

Leave a comment:

• Daleford
    replied

I can't believe no one has helped you with this question yet. I don't come here often so don't know where to send you, but there must be a lot of text on this somewhere.
    Come on guys, help this dude.
    Have you tried a search of the old postings?

Leave a comment:

• michael
    started a topic kit car body - fibreglass repair?

kit car body - fibreglass repair?

Dear folks,

I see some small cracks on a kit car body I am looking at. They are at the edge of the body panel. Can it be easily repaired and repainted? Can anyone give me a link I can look it up?

Thanks ahead.
    Michael.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X