removing key release lever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing key release lever?

Any tips on removing the key release lever on the side of the steering column? Thanks.

Tim P.

Re:removing key release lever?

Use a steering column out of an 86 Fiero automatic.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

I belive you might be able to shove a small piece of ruber hose in there so that you dont have to press on the lever each time you have to remove the key.I can't remember exactely what it looks like,so Im not sure if you can get a piece of hose in there.
      The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Comment

FunnyWheels:
        So the 86 doesn't have it huh? I've got an 85 in the garage that I'm using as a stand in for fabricating an interior for my 87 which has the lever. I never noticed it was missing! I'll have to check it out. Is the steering column swap a big deal? I could just cut off the bezel that goes around it, cut off the lever and use the bezel from the 85. I'd split it on the underside so I wouldn't have to remove the columns to swap it.

James_Bond_007:
        I need to remove it, not disable it. I''m putting the ignition switch on the dash, and don't want any remnants of the column switch.

Thanks for the replys!

Tim P.

Comment

I don't have one on my 86, but my 88 has the lever. I would think the 84 and 85 would not have it as well. Not sure on that last statement though.

Dave
          If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

My 86 se has the safety lever.
            Lambobro

Comment

All manual shift Fieros have the lever, automatics don't.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X