Door Lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Lock

I need some help on placing the door lock. what are the measurements? The door skins that I have dosn't have any markings.

Reoor Lock

On a Watson kit it measures 5 1/2 inches from the door edge,and 3 inches up from the body line.

Comment

Reoor Lock

Thanks

Comment

Reoor Lock

Originally posted by BondoBob
        On a Watson kit it measures 5 1/2 inches from the door edge,and 3 inches up from the body line.

Bob:

If your measuring from my door, did you include the return I added to the trailing edge of the Watson door. It normally is made like the Mirage door, without a return. Just my .02 cents worth again.

Dave
        If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Reoor Lock

yes I did.so I guess you can take off that 1/2 inch from the door edge measurement.

Comment

Re: Door Lock

I got the hole cut know how do I do a key lock?

Comment

Gerard,
              What I did after I cut the hole was to place the lock cylinder in the hole as far as possible, the cylinder should only go in until it hits the 4 key ways that is around the cylinder. I then used a pen and marked the location and using a roto tool, cut in the keyways into the fiberglass. Remove a little material at a time until the lock fits in their perfectly. Take your time and it will turn out great! I found that I also had to open the slots that hold the cylinder to the fiberglass because the glass was thicker than the metal that the lock was designed for.
              http://www.angelfire.com/ri2/ferrari_spyder/Doors.html It will be the second and third photos from the bottom. I would of posted them here but I guess ari is working on the photo upload problem.

Comment

How hard is it to do this and is it worth the effort or is buying door poppers better?

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

door poppers....are you talking the ones to open the doors or unlock the doors? This post is about the door locks, any simple alarm system can be hooked up to your exisiting power door locks to unlock or lock the doors. If you dont have power door locks go to a junk yard and pick up a set out of a fiero, it shouldnt be that hard to install. If you are talking about door openers, I really do not like the door poppers, what happens if you loose battery power...then how do you get in? The hardest part on the mechanical type is working out the linkage.

Comment

Originally posted by glenngdman
                      door poppers....are you talking the ones to open the doors or unlock the doors?† This post is about the door locks, any simple alarm system can be hooked up to your exisiting power door locks to unlock or lock the doors.† If you dont have power door locks go to a junk yard and pick up a set out of a fiero, it shouldnt be that hard to install.† †If you are talking about door openers, I really do not like the door poppers, what happens if you loose battery power...then how do you get in?† The hardest part on the mechanical type is working out the linkage.
                      I donít know were you are but good luck finding a Fiero in a junk yard here. :'( :'( :'(

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X