countach door hinge/side mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• countach door hinge/side mirrors

Hi everyone...well I'm also struggling with my IFG doors !!!!
    I have soo much play(side to side) when the door goes up and down that I'm afraid to have the car painted and then screw up the roofline paint when lowering the door. I'm considering a different hinge, like the one from street dreams, though 300 a pair.
    Plus when I put my side mirrors on..I can get them to fit level...they are stiking up...I might try to tweak the metal ball inside the mirror housing...or make a thick gasket to ofset it properly...any ideas? I'm with ya Larrybud...this sucks!
    Lambobro

Re:countach door hinge/side mirrors

the baby turbo fits well and they are adjustable,

I think the problem on your door could be the mounting support on you car, that holds the hinge. it must be solid .there is big stress and presure.
    or your doors inner frame. Again that frame takes the all the movement,pressure . your fibreglass door shell should be between door hinge and inner frame hinge support.

Comment

I agree,,,,,, You need some very good support under the body for the hinge to bolt into. Did you weld or bolt a plate for the hinge to bolt to? I looked on E-bay for the Vitaloni Baby Turbo mirrors forever. I was bidding on used ones for up to $40 when a brand new pair showed up for $30! Of course I jumped on them. I have a pair of look-alikes from Autozone that you can have for the price of shipping. Can't beat that can you? They are adjustable like the turbos but just don't have the tinted mirror. Not sure what they are worth anyway. Give me your address if you want them and I could take Paypal or Money order for shipping costs. I'll post a pic of them later. 8)

Comment

I would start with a careful inspection of the door in the raised postion having a helper wiggle the door slowly .Find out just excactly where the "play " is coming from ...could be like the guys say ...where the hinge bolts to the chassis could be flexing ...the hinge and pivot pin itself could be sloppy..they must be very tight almost difficult to move, small play there makes for larger movement at the top of the door ..or where the hinge itself bolts to the inside of the door and the inner door structure might not be beefy enough ...john

Comment

:-\ One more thought,,,,,,, The top of the window frame is supposed to be ground to a slant. I remember "Bubba and Homer" in the video talking about that. 8)

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. My other Lambo bud had helped me to weld some serious metal backing into the fender well areas a while ago...plate steel with 1" square tubing...it's beefy. Upon further inspection it seems to be two-fold. From the hinge itself...sloppy...and the mounting to the door side hinge. I had inserted a piece of steel plate about twicwe the size of the hinge on the inside of the door...but Ithink I will have to redo it and completely cover that inside door(where hinge connects) all with steel...down to where the opening for the shock is. Plus I need to take out that "wedge" that Ifg put in. Larrybud probably knows what I'm taliking about. It's on the door side I think it's made from wood and then the sides are covered with bondo...he must have needed it to make the angle of the hinge to attatch squarely to the door. Did anyone check out those street dream hinges? I was also thinking of calling summit and getting a hold of that "bear claw" latch company and see if they had anything.
            Lambobro

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X