Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshields

hi all

the windshields are on their way to the US and take about 36 days to get to the destinations.
    sorry i couldn't send them airfreight but even with a substantial discount offered to me it was still a vast difference in cost.
    as dave told you they will be going to John Watson's place and can be picked up from there.
    there will be a couple of spares if anybody that didn't order is interested or (heaven forbid) there are any breakages.
    John will also have some stock and will continue to from here on.
    if there is any other autoglass i can help anyone with please contact me and i would be happy to help
    thanks for your patience
    trevor
    http://www.taraglass.com

Re:Windshields

Thank you for the update! I will be in need of some countach (IFG 25"th) Quarter glass in the near future. IM me if you would rather not post on this site. Thanks! 8)

Comment

Re:Windshields

I'm also interested in 25th. countach glass, all pieces. I would also like to hear from the people who have recieved them regarding fit and quality.
      Thanks
      Lambobro

Comment

Re: Windshields

Any word on the windshields? my set up doesnt look like it has the air vent at all like a stock fiero, do I need to add one? what does this vent do?

Comment

The air vent is to fee the AC unit and heater. It is pretty easy to do if your using an Air Dynamics kit. The scoop is like the OEM 355 and just needs to be trimmed out and a box made to redirect the air flow into the Fiero.

I will provide details once we get the windshields landed in the States and we post the installation information steps.

Dave
          If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Trevor,
            Have you made any progress on the side quarter glass and rear glass for John's 355 kits? I know he does not have internet access so I was just wondering if you two were able to contact each other OK.
            Bob
            5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Comment

Trevor,
              If you could do the rear glass and side glass for the 355 AD kit that would be great. Keep me informed. Thanks

Comment

You know Chip Foose? The HotRod master.. They mold their own glasses.
                You coul make a 100% custom body with all the glasses shape in fiberglass, then cut out the glass section and use it to mold your glasses. You just ship your mold to a glass shop and they should be able to make the windshield and any other glass from there.

Comment

You know Chip Foose? The HotRod master.. They mold their own glasses.
                  Chip Foose has a slightly larger budget than most people, but it is possible
                  Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
                  http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

Bah I dont know anything about glassworking but I can't believe that have your glass molded with your own mold is more expensive than a real Ferrari or Lambo windshield.. Of course I dont even know how much cost both solution.. :-[

Comment

zodan ,how well do you know the chipster,could you get him to cut us a deal on all our glass products.

Comment

Hum...I dont know the chipster

That was just an idea..

Comment

Originally posted by trevman
                          hi all

the windshields are on their way to the US and take about 36 days to get to the destinations.
                          sorry i couldn't send them airfreight but even with a substantial discount offered to me it was still a vast difference in cost.
                          as dave told you they will be going to John Watson's place and can be picked up from there.
                          there will be a couple of spares if anybody that didn't order is interested or (heaven forbid) there are any breakages.
                          John will also have some stock and will continue to from here on.
                          if there is any other autoglass i can help anyone with please contact me and i would be happy to help
                          thanks for your patience
                          trevor
                          Trevor:

I delivered a windshield to Dale Paynter and he has a problem with a milky spot imbedded in the glass. It was noticed after Dale unwrapped the glass out of the plastic it was shipped in. Here are a few of the notes he sent to me

"Morning Dave. I hope it has warmed up there this morning like it has here.

Minor flaw in my windshield and I am wondering if you ever heard of this happening to any of the other ones. I just today took it out of the box to pack it a little better. The wide black area along the bottom has a "milky" spot on it. It would lie ahead of the driver, be mottled in it's make-up, and be about the size of a child's hand. I do have a few digital photos of it, but..... today realized I forgot the special USB cord, so can't show anybody for a couple weeks. Just wondering your thoughts on this and who else we should talk to.

Dale

I think in the laminate. I had tried to remove, or at least affect the make up of the milky spot by rubbing it. I first used Windex and then a stronger cleaner with a soft cloth and gave both the inside and outside a hard rub. Nothing changed. Looking at the spot from the outside it appears to lie at a lower level like a clear coated paint job. Dale "

Is there a spare available at John's to replace this one for Dale without cost to him?

Dave
                          Attached Files
                          If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Dave   & Dale

sorry to hear about this problem,  it is very rare to come across this particular one and without seeing it i can't make a judgement but there is some spares at John Watson's and also at Philidelphia,  whichever is more convenient.
                            I sent the extra's over for just such a situation as this, but unfortunately i can't help with transportation so if you can organise it i will alert John as to what is happening.
                            I will always back up my product and will have stocks in different areas in the future.
                            thanks for your notes dave and talk with you soon.

trevor

also if anyone wants to contact me direct i have just moved to another state and have a new email address =

tpr91325@bigpond.net.au

http://www.taraglass.com

Comment

AWESOME Trevor!!!! Boy, I wish there were more people out there that would stand behind their product like you have. Well Done!
                              Sandy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X