Blow-off valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blow-off valve

I have just gotten a 2005 mustang gt, and it may sound silly, but is there anyway to get the sound of a blow-off valve without haveing a supercharger or turbo?

thanks

Re: Blow-off valve

tank of compressed air, and a trigger, but it seems pointless at best :
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

This might work. Put a blow-of valve on the smog pump some how. I wouldn't make it sound like It's faster than it is. To get beat by a equal car. They might think you vust don't know how to drive a fast car. My 2 cents. ;D

Comment

First off, let me apologise because I don't mean to offend anyone, but of all my years on different tech boards, this has got to be the dumbest question ever asked. Sound of a blow-off valve...Get a supercharger and stop being a pretender. And to think someone would actually answer it. It's really brought the tech section here down. Can we have some build-up tech please...

off the soap box...
        Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
        http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

Yea your right.And my feelings aren't hurt. I'm a little thicker skined that that. I thought it was kind of a strange idea myself.

Comment

I'm open minded, even to strange ideas. Almost all of the content on these forums is about making look-alike or sound-alike cars, so I guess this topic has some relevancy.

I do agree though. I would understand the financial problem with fitting a $3k turbo on a $3k car, but we're talking about a new 2005 mustang GT.
            come to think of it, it might screw up the warranty if you force induced it.

either way, it seems a bit 'silly' since you wouldnt get anything out of it.
            Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

Make a tape recording of a car with a real turbo and a real blowoff valve and whenever someone pulls up next to you at a stoplight roll down the windows, pop the tape into the stereo and crank the volume all the way up. Then give the guy next to you a bunch of mean looks and scowls. He'll be so intimidated by all the popping and wheezing turbo/blowoff noises coming from your car that he won't even try to race you!
              Yeh...that would be cool!
              Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Comment

Wow we think alike. i was going to post the same thing, pop in the turbo CD crank it up. Then for kicks blow some useless
                nitros out of the hood. then the ricer beside him would bust a brick! Fake Turbo and Fake Nitros LOL is it even a GT? All I can is bolt a supercharger on the car!!!
                Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Comment

DON'T DO IT. It will only tempt you and the kid in the car next to you to burn rubber. And the worst part is if it is a newer car or a really fixed up rice burner you will get smoked and then laughed at. Not to be rude but my stock 4-banger will bet that car. Mustang GT 14.3 E.T. / Toyota MR-S 13.6 E.T. . If you really want the sound then spend the 3K. Have the factory install the Turbo it will not void your warrenty (only if the dealership installs it).

Comment

I like mustangs, but ever since the new ones in 2000 or so alot of wanna be's bought them just so they could be @$$es. If this is the type of person buying the 05' model count me out. As for me i'm sticking to the Fox body. (sry i don't mean to offend any buddy but this is a ridiculous question)

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33742

check this out :P

they probably have this for mustangs as well

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X