Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real Ferrari steering wheel. Will it fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Ferrari steering wheel. Will it fit?

Has anyone done this? I have access to a real Ferrari steering wheel. I don't have the measurements yet of the bolt circle where it attaches so not sure how close it would come to bolting up. The horn button is another issue. It works but it would need to touch the contact rings to work, I assume.
    Also, is this the right look for a TR. [actually a Koenig version] It came from a Mondial. Appreciate opinions.
    Attached Files
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Re: Real Ferrari steering wheel. Will it fit?

Dale:

The wheels usually have a bolt on pattern that will mount to a Momo wheel adapter. If not you will need to manufacture the top portion of the steering column at a machine shop so the wheel splines will match up to the Ferrari wheel.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Dave What about horn contacts with a bought or mfg adapter? Do you have to go to a remote horn button? Dale

Comment

The Momo adapter has them built into the part. The adapter rides over the stock horn relay lead just like the Fiero. Not a problem.

Dave

PS, I will get a photo to you later tomorrow.

Comment

Momo makes the real ferrari wheels, so it should fit. The horn should complete the circuit from the adapter hub into the wheel and [when horn button is pressed] through the insulated wire back into the steering column, yet i have seen some Momo wheels with double leads to fit other kinds of cars.
          Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

Thanks guys. I looked on e-bay for an adapter. None yet. Any idea on cost?

Comment

momo adapter, about $30 to $40 on ebay
              Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

Originally posted by AutoMX
                momo adapter, about $30 to $40 on ebay
                So I would look for one that states that it will accept Ferrari wheel and bolt to Fiero/GM specifically?
                Thanks MX

Comment

just look for a momo adapter that will fit a fiero, and honnestly if it doesnt fit, drill out the holes where they should be to make it fit. it's not exactly something extremely precise like wheel spacers, if the wheel is bolted on tight theres nothing to worry about. i can show you pics of what i had on my MR2.

Comment

Auto is right, it'll work with no problems.. MOMO Part # 2401
                    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by EEExotic
                      Auto is right, it'll work with no problems.. MOMO Part # 2401
                      Wow, confirmation AND a part number. Thanks

Comment

I guess all this discussion is in vain. The price got jacked up which I am questioning about here...http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.js...=1134220764788

Comment

The E-bay item no., direct.....8019969005

Comment

If you want an authentic wheel check out the Costa Mesa dismantlers and other places, a TR wheel is the same as a 348 one and probably other ones too.

A Momo wheel or a similar one would work fine too.

Comment

The wheel on a 348 challenge is made by Momo if that helps. That is what I have on my car with a Momo/Fiero adapter.

$38 for the adapter, $12 for the Momo horn button, much more for a Ferrari horn button and $330 for the wheel all in US Dollars.

Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X