Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota in Fiero

Hi

My fiero have a Toyota 4AF motor and auto gearbox in. What I want to know if somebody have put in the 4agze motor and Manuel box. I'm looking for pros and cons on the install.

Thanks
    Donald

Re: Toyota in Fiero

where are you located? getting the engine will be hard, and finding everything for the conversion will not be easy or cheap. it's better to get a 20v blacktop 4AGE high compression engine which has more power stock than the mr2 4AGZE does, and it uses much less gas.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

just read you are in south africa. the 20v is something like 1994 to 1996, and has a black plastic cover on top of the engine. it came in front wheel drive toyotas, not MR2's and you can reverse the transmission (6 speed) and put it in a mid engine setup like mr2 or fiero.

also look into a MK2 MR2 turbo (3S-GTE) rear clip (rear half of the car) from japan, it's 210 to 245hp stock, very good engine.
      Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

Hi automx

Thanks for the info. 1 more thing what is the hp on the blacktop.

Donald

Comment

The 4AG series of motor are so light. When it comes to motors to put into a Fiero, I am in the camp of lighter is better. As for the swap, sure and thing is possible.

Comment

euro and jap specs (my guess is you would have that)

16V 4AGE Phase III - 127hp (80's)
            20V 4AGE "Silvertop" - 143hp
            20V 4AGE "Blacktop"4AGE - 150hp

4AGZE - 145hp
            4AGZE - 170hp (1991+)
            3SGTE - 210hp to 245hp (1993+)

you can also get a Camry v6 and it will mate up to a MR2 MK2 Turbo tranny directly, but those engines aren't great when pushed hard (cylinders go bad in various ways)

hope that helps.

Comment

Hi

I got hold of a s3gte with 4x4 gearbox but I am not to sure about the box. I don't know if the box is going to harder on the motor because I'm not going to use the 4x4 side of the box. meaning I'm not going to put a shaft in the 4x4 side. I think the box will be strong but what i don't know if it is going to take some hp away.

Comment

just spend $300 and buy a good MR2 turbo tranny, since a Celica GTS or whatever the drivetrain is from is mounted up front anyway. even if you dont lose power, you could have a weaker gearbox. the mr2 turbo will take 450hp without mods.

Comment

Hi
                  I got my s3gte today and everything still looks good on the motor. the wiring from the motor to the fiero looks like will be my next challenge and I'm going to use a aftermarked fuel management system. I wonder if somebody can help me with some more info the wiring. that will help me allot.

Donald

Comment

sorry but i dont think anyone can help you there, but go ask on www.mr2oc.com and ask (especially in the "mk1.5" section since those are engine swaps, 3SGTE's in 1984-1989 MR2's) they should be able to at least show you what to connect where, and you can go on fiero owners clubs or look for a manual if you need help there/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X