novice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• novice

Has anyone any advice for me?I'm a novice at building kitcars.I'm currently building my first.Does anyone have any advice as to what engine to use?I want something that is relatively easy to fit,relatively cheap,but will give me a thrill when i fire it up!

Re: novice

Hi all,

Welcome to the forum!! First off, what kit are you building and on what chassis??
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Comment

Well,i was hoping to build a cobra replica of some sort,or perhaps a locost kitcar built around a space-frame chassis.Any ideas?

Comment

Hi all,

Factory Five Inc, used to build kits for the generation 4 mustang, or mustangs gt and cobra......Give them a search and you might find what your looking for..........
        Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Comment

There are a lot of Cobra manufactures out there. The place to start is Factory Five Raving (aka FFr) and if you have the bucks, then go straight to Superperformance. The FFR product looks good and there is a lot of cars out there. I have heard that the support from the FFR clubs is great. The GTM has caught my attention, but is not in my future for a while. Remember to run though all of the things that you need to do before buying a kit car. (Visit the manufacture, see the car before you put any money down, and interview owners of the cars) If you are serous about starting a kit car, then goto either the Knott's Berry Farm AHA show in April or the Carlisle in May.

Comment

Cheers lads,the help is appreciated.I think i finally know what i'm going to build.Doubt it's a first,but i'm going to build a ferrari 275gtb replica.I've already designed a wireframe model of the shell.Spent about a week solid on a computer replicating it.My wifes going to kill me!it will be worth it though if it works!

Comment

How about something like the 250 like a Vela Rossa? I was thinking of building one before I started the 2nd 308. Looks like a pretty cool first time build. There are a few V8 conversion kits available for the 280Z and I've seen the Z's pretty cheap.

http://www.kitcarz.com/

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
              Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X