Neon wiper assembly in a TR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neon wiper assembly in a TR

It works! One million hours and it is done.  :  I liked the look of the first generation Neon wiper assembly because it was all-in-one. Motor, transmissions, and linkage all in one lump. [plus they are a dime a dozen to buy] They have long wiper arms as the Neon glass is tall. Here are some pics. I am not the great instructor that Funnywheels is, but......be happy to answer any questions.
    My new windshield is covered with plastic and masking tape to protect it.  I used 2 right hand wiper arms and shortened the one in front of driver
    Attached Files
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Re: Neon wiper assembly in a TR

Right mount. Had to push down the A/C accumulator
    Attached Files

Comment

Left mount. Almost got in the way of my LH hood latch.[just forward of transmission] I had to "dolly down" the top of the brake booster and modify the firewall a little.
      Attached Files

Comment

All set for rain. I had to play with wiper lengths to get the right combo. The RH one is shorter.
        Attached Files

Comment

I had a small opening when the hood was closed and elected to not mount the transmissions in the normal spot. [at this opening] This is why the assy is mounted more forward than most and long skinny arms were used.
          This pic shows where I had interference with the underside/rear edge of hood on the driver's side at full sweep. I boxed a section of the arm to provide clearance.
          Attached Files

Comment

nicely done! ;D
            Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

Nice Job Dale. It looks like a great option for the extended windshield folks.
              If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Thanks guys. It is hard to get a good picture of the assembly because it is very busy in cowl area. Also everything needs to be painted to look good. Oh well, someday.................................

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X