X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpecialEffectsGuy
    replied
    Re: Frame stretching without extending cables Question

Didn't think about the fuel or brake lines.  I had a stripped chassis a couple years ago, but sold it. Man, I wish I had it here for reference. My current Fiero is my daily driver, so chassis vision is limited.

I may only stick with a 5 inch stretch (to match the NSX) but would like to know my "limit" for other projects. I'd like to stay away from buying extra parts that can't be purchased from a local auto parts store.

Thanks for the input so far.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I did 7.5" and using 5 speed 4 cyl cables .they are the longest. works great ,4 years on the road. but IFG sells extention for Fiero shift cables .also Derwin made his own ask him .
    other stuff brake lines needs do.

Leave a comment:

• FunnyWheels
    replied

Originally posted by WraithInnovations
    Just curious how far a frame can be stretched before you need to start extending cables and such.  I know the radiator hose needs it no matter what, but what about the rest?  Shifter, clutch, electrical, etc...  I've been dead set against changing the wheelbase in the past, but now I'm changing my mind.  It sounds kind of fun!
    I did a 3 inch stretch on my car (stretched the engine cradle not the frame) and all of the stock cables worked. I think you would need to use longer radiator hoses on your car as well. I made them too so I don't know if the stock hoses work or not. Fuel lined were also made longer just in case sort of thing. They were close enough.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Frame stretching without extending cables Question

Just curious how far a frame can be stretched before you need to start extending cables and such. I know the radiator hose needs it no matter what, but what about the rest? Shifter, clutch, electrical, etc... I've been dead set against changing the wheelbase in the past, but now I'm changing my mind. It sounds kind of fun!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X