Door locks, what is the best way to get these doors open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door locks, what is the best way to get these doors open

My murci has the merc locks with a wire hanging out the top of the door. does any one know how to do the poppers or the shaved handle doors. Thanks again. Mo San Diego

Re: Door locks, what is the best way to get these doors open

so far, two member here suceed their built and have their murcie run around..

u can try ask Murcie-me if he willing to do one for u.
    i dont know how he make his. try PM him.

another one is Extreme from UK. They make those for their kit package.
    custom made with pulling cables to operate instead of pushing steel rods like the oem one.
    wether they willing to sell them to u is another question as they usually goes with the kit.

wish u luck.

Comment

Originally posted by mo
      My murci has the merc locks with a wire hanging out the top of the door. does any one know how to do the poppers or the shaved handle doors. Thanks again. Mo San Diego

Comment

You can look on Ebay and find door popper kits all day. If you go this route, get the solenoids with at least 45lbs of pull.
        What type of latch hardware do you you have? Most builders use the Mercedes door latch, and is probably the best for these builds. It that is what you have, and it is accessible to remove, it is easy to hook up a cable system to it so you can have exterior door handles, as well as interior and door poppers.
        I dont like the idea of just having door poppers as the only way to get in the car from the outside. If your battery goes dead, you cant get in. And if you cant get in, how do you pop the rear hatch to get to the battery to charge it?! Even if you have some way to access the battery from the outside, what if the popper fails like it did in my friends car? Or the linkage cable breaks? Or it gets jammed?
        Exterior door handles are always the best choice, with having poppers as a convinence.
        Without talent experience is worthless

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X