WTB: 3800 SC and Audi 5000 tranny 016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 3800 SC and Audi 5000 tranny 016

Anyone out there willing to part with a good supercharged 3.8L or an Audi 5000 tranny(standard or auto) for reasonable price? If so please send pics/ info to superstang460@yahoo.com or txt me at (814)397-0496. Thanks guys
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Re: WTB: 3800 SC and Audi 5000 tranny 016

Email sent

Comment

Ok so I posted the email sent before I actually sent the email.... Should be there by now. Let me know if you don get it.

Comment

got it

Comment

several photos of the engine...

Comment

Still looking for a cheap 3.8L SC L67 and an Audi 5000s 016 transmission

I passed on this 3.8L setup with all new stuff from bushings to headers and cv shafts and a-arms for $2000 cause it isn't the right setup, but now I regret not buying it
            Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn't regret it too much.

I emailed the seller who took quite some time to respond to me. I asked him several specific questions about the mileage of the engine etc. He responded with a generic email then answered NONE of my questions. (Even after he requested a phone number or he "wouldn't respond" to emails).

The ENTIRE email was:

"Sending info about the Fiero setup" "if you've priced parts for this swap, you know that I'm giving this away. Let me know if you are interested". Thanks.

I thought.... Give me some freakin' details to my actual questions not just a list of stuff that may or not be in this actual engine. From the list he sent, the engine had a new waterpump,and "some new gaskets". Not exactly comforting since the engine is 13 years old... AND ...that would be fine if he could have answered some questions like this one:

> > > What is the mileage..... ?

None of that other stuff is really important if it's a 1998 3800SC with 247,000 miles on it that's never been run since it's been put on the cradle.

You're better off starting off with a good running donor car with complete harness or an engine with some documentation (at least in my mind). To pay $2000 and then potentially have to swap out the engine is a waste.
              Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
              Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Comment

I'm glad you said that, cause now that I think of it, his email to me was not specific and he didn't reply until a few weeks after the auction. I do need a different transmission so his new headers and such might not have fit in my aplication either.
                Thanks for the boost of confidence now

Comment

No problem.

Yeah,, I caught his post on Criagslist I'd say about 2 weeks before he listed it on Ebay. I sent him a few emails and finally heard back. I'm about 2 hours away from him and stated that (perhaps someone "close by" was not what he was looking for in a buyer.... if you know what I mean).

It could have been a good deal but on the other hand, it could have be "lipstick on a pig", Some new paint, new waterpump, everything shiny and clean and then you find out that it's a 300,000 mile motor underneath. He certainly didn't know or didn't want to say.
                  Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
                  Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Comment

I used a 3800 na with a Fiero 5 speed.

It has plenty of power but I want to add a turbo. Sean (McCyver) is helping me add to the car.

Dave
                    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

<-------------------JEALOUS
                      [url]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/8454-my-official-ad355-build-thread-sactodreamer.html[/url]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X