Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About how much would a turnkey mercy roadster cost me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About how much would a turnkey mercy roadster cost me?

With nearly 100% accuracy?

Re: About how much would a turnkey mercy roadster cost me?

75-100k

Comment

I agree with PJ, for a 100% accurate or close to you are probably looking at $90-100k or you could buy a 04-05 gallardo from ebay for that much but maintenance will obviously run you a lot higher for the real deal.

Raj

Comment

IT depends a lot on how much work you do yourself.

Comment

Isn't a turnkey kit no self labor at all?

Comment

Yeah I think he meant completely finished but I could be wrong.

Raj

Comment

Well, when i said turnkey i meant that all I have to do is to literally "turn the key." When i said nearly 100% accuracy I was referring to only the exterior.

Comment

Probably the best price on a turnkey would be to watch for one that is already built and for sale rather than to commision someone to build your turnkey. I bought a g28 with a 350 vortec on ebay for $32,000. I am redoing a lot though. I am replacing the interior now. Next is the Held suspension and 13" brakes, then the drivetrain is being replaced with an ls4 drivetrain, then the turbo . Interior is $4,000+, Suspension and brakes is another $7,000 plus labor. Drivetrain is $8,000. Turbo is $5,000 plus labor. So I'll be at $56,000 for what I believe will be an exceptional g28. It will probably be more than that, but I have had the pleasure of driving it while the improvements are being done rather than a garage project that might never hit the road. I don't mean to put down builders because I'm sure that they have to charge what they do to stay in business. I'm just taking advantage of someone elses investment. Anyway good luck, and if you go ahead, plan on having another vehicle ready when you get tired of having everyone look at you everywhere you go.

Comment

Originally posted by hoz2001
                  Well, when i said turnkey i meant that all I have to do is to literally "turn the key." When i said nearly 100% accuracy I was referring to only the exterior.
                  Well, You can spend $75-100K and wait about 10 years and MAYBE you might get a car.. Maybe is the main word in the equation..

So far nobody other than one guy that built his own has an accurate LP640.. I would say there is no such thing as a "Turnkey" Lp640 at any cost..
                  [img]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8214/mrferrari1kk7.jpg[/img][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6500/antfw3.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by dratts1
                    Probably the best price on a turnkey would be to watch for one that is already built and for sale rather than to commision someone to build your turnkey. I bought a g28 with a 350 vortec on ebay for $32,000. I am redoing a lot though. I am replacing the interior now. Next is the Held suspension and 13" brakes, then the drivetrain is being replaced with an ls4 drivetrain, then the turbo . Interior is $4,000+, Suspension and brakes is another $7,000 plus labor. Drivetrain is $8,000. Turbo is $5,000 plus labor. So I'll be at $56,000 for what I believe will be an exceptional g28. It will probably be more than that, but I have had the pleasure of driving it while the improvements are being done rather than a garage project that might never hit the road. I don't mean to put down builders because I'm sure that they have to charge what they do to stay in business. I'm just taking advantage of someone elses investment. Anyway good luck, and if you go ahead, plan on having another vehicle ready when you get tired of having everyone look at you everywhere you go.
                    I'm there with you Dratts. I enjoy fixing my car up and making it look better. I think it is better to be the second owner and have a new set of eyes for perfection...oops i mean corrections.
                    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
                    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
                    White Gagliardi Vendetta
                    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Comment

Originally posted by hoz2001
                      for a near 100% accurate turnkey car with interior and exterior, most members are right on. it would be 90k to 125k if not a little more. well if its only the exterior near 100% accurate, then you have a much lower price for sure. if you dont mind using all fiero parts and just get the rims, brakes it would be around 30k to 45k. if you drop the rims, brakes, big tires etc. then deduct about 20k. it really depends what you really want. if you just want a murcie roadster shell on a fiero, then its not going to be 100k. the more accurate bodys also will cost more. you could go for the less accurate bodys and then deduct more. i mean theres so many discussions about how some people want 25k cars and some people want 100k+ cars. one thing for sure is theres no way these cars will be the same quality for such a big price difference. i learn that over many years. so believe me, the more options you add. the faster they add up. in this hobbie, no car is ever finish. theres always more to add to it.

Comment

Originally posted by dratts1
                        Did you buy the one from Ohio?

Comment

I got it in New Jersey, It sold on ebay for $44,000, but the buyer defaulted. Then the owner relisted it two months later but under his own name with a zero rating. I believe that these two things depressed the price. People are reluctant to buy from a zero rated seller and a relisted item also causes suspicion. I got it before the financial crash and thought that I got a bargain. Not as big a bargain after the crash but still allright. No regrets and I've had a lot of fun with it. If I had started a build I'm pretty sure that it would have cost me more. There is a good chance it would have ended up another unfinished project sold to someone else to finish. I'll be adding at least another $25,000 to my $32,000 purchase but it will end up the way I want it and my own unique replica. I always correct people who ask if it's a kit. There is no such thing as a "lambo kit". I think you can buy a cobra kit, but it's up to us to source all our own parts with the lambos. I think there is a good chance that the style is timeless.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X