murcielago engine cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: murcielago engine cover

Nothing exciting happening this weekend as I'm a bit busy, so no pics worth taking, but I have started retooling everything to prevent the problems I had last time. Costing me a small fortune in silicone but I want to do these properly.

To answer everyone asking for a price, I simply don't know at the moment. As people are saying in the 'quality kit makers' thread, you really do get what you pay for. I could easily knock out these cheaply and sell them for $350 but the quality would be terrible. I could make them to a good standard with good quality materials for $500, or I could make them how they deserve to be made with hardly any finishing work - but they're not going to be cheap!

What kind of quality and price are people looking for and willing to pay?

Comment

I think you should offer the $500 quality, price it at $499 to make it affordable for those who need affordable

Then offer the all out deluxe option that needs no work
      for those with bigger budget

Comment

Originally posted by cutlass442
        I think you should offer the $500 quality, price it at $499 to make it affordable for those who need affordable

Then offer the all out deluxe option that needs no work
        for those with bigger budget
        I can definitely agree to that. Same kit offered at different levels of completion. Less work for you if someone wants the "raw" kit parts. This can allow a lower budgeted builder to still have your great quality product. And it looks incredibly nice by the way, can't wait to see your completed parts.

Then for the finished high end kit you can charge a reasonable price and not get jipped on all your hard work.
        Keep dreaming if you want to, I'm building mine!

Comment

I don't think he was talking about different molds, just in the level oif detailed finish work needed after they come out of the molds .., like painting and assembling of all the ancillary pieces like intake throttles , injectors etc

Comment

Lambo_art are you in the UK? I am in the UK and looking for a good engine cover. I am also a professional sculptor and make use silicone molds so can offer advice if you want (free)
            hope you get the bugs worked out, easily sorted.

Comment

Thanks for all the pm's guys I think I've caught up with most of them.
              No updates whatsoever as I've been all over the world with a promotion and only been home for a matter of hours in the last 5 weeks. Back home next weekend though so some work may get done if I've got any materials left... It's been a long time since I last looked in my garage!

Peggyontherun - inbox is full so I can't reply.

Comment

Sorry all cleared out now :-[

Comment

Wow it's all changed on here! Really can't get used to this new layout...

Anyway, some long overdue updates.
                  No idea why the last pic is coming out upside down, but it shows another set of trial parts started. Only had time to gel up the parts and pour the casting resin into the smaller pieces so I won't get to lay up the glass or pull the smaller parts until next weekend.

I'm really struggling to find time to make these parts and I know there are a lot of people who want them so if someone wanted to buy the moulds from me I may sell them once I have my parts made. I have well over 2000 invested in them though so no silly offers please. If no ones interested I will continue to make them for people as and when I get time - sorry for everyone waiting but the real job comes first!

Comment

Um Robslp640 has it, its also listed on ebay if your interested. Its not cheap.

Comment

What's the price on this cover?

Comment

Sorry guys, never get any time to make this stuff anymore. The moulds are just sitting in my garage unused. I have a massive list of people wanting them but no time to work on it. Does anyone want to buy the moulds from me and I'll send you a list of people who wanted sets? I'm sure it could make someone quite a bit of money. I could even show you how to do everything if you are in the UK and a bit unsure. Make me an offer if you're interested. May swap for tools or parts, etc.
                        Best way to get hold of me is lamboart@gmail.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X