Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Needs Lambo Murci Side Mirror & Headlight Buckets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Needs Lambo Murci Side Mirror & Headlight Buckets?

I'm starting this thread for WhoDeanie who is currently working on my G28 style side mirrors and headlight buckets. Please not that these parts are for the G28 style bodies so they probably will not work with the other Murci style kits.

Dean plans on starting this project next month so I'm trying to help him gauge the demand for these parts while getting the word out that he'll have them for sale soon.

Please respond to the following questions and list your questions separately. I'm sure that cost will be one of the biggest questions since this still needs to be worked out and I'm sure the volume of parts will help drive the costs down.

Side Mirrors

- Would you want to purchase the mirrors as painted (gloss black) finished bolt on components or would you prefer to finish these yourself? (Finshed or Unfinished)

- Folding mirrors? (Y or N)

- Electric folding mirrors? (Y or N)

- Electric mirror adjustments using the Fiero components? (Y or N)

- A simple non-powered folding mirror with manual mirror adjustments? (Y or N)

- Would you pay extra for Carbon Fiber mirrors? (Y or N)

Headlight Buckets

- Would you want to purchase the headlights as a complete assembly and as a finished bolt on component or would you prefer to finish these yourself? (Finshed or Unfinished)

- Would you pay extra for Carbon Fiber buckets? (Y or N)

- Do you need headlight covers? (Y or N)

- Do you need headlight brows? (Y or N)

- Would you pay extra for Carbon Fiber headlight brows? (Y or N)

Please do not hijack this thread and please keep the responses focused on understanding the demand for these parts and the project that Dean is undertaking.

Thanks,

Chris

P.S. For those who don't know how to copy and paste text from a thread, the easiest ways are to highlight what you want to copy and right click, select copy and then right click paste where you want to paste it. You can also highlight the text and hold down CTRL C to copy and then use CTRL V to paste.

Re: Who Needs Lambo Murci Side Mirror & Headlight Buckets?

Ok guys.. I'll be the first to answer my own thread. ;D

Side Mirrors

- Would you want to purchase the mirrors as painted (gloss black) finished bolt on components or would you prefer to finish these yourself? (Finshed)

- Folding mirrors? (Y)

- Electric folding mirrors? (Y if affordable)

- Electric mirror adjustments using the Fiero components? (Y is affordable)

- A simple non-powered folding mirror with manual mirror adjustments? (Y - Guessing this is easiest and less expensive - My preference at this point)

- Would you pay extra for Carbon Fiber mirrors? (You Bet!)

Headlight Buckets

- Would you want to purchase the headlights as a complete assembly and as a finished bolt on component or would you prefer to finish these yourself? (Finshed or Unfinished)

- Would you pay extra for Carbon Fiber buckets? (N)

- Do you need headlight covers? (Y)

- Do you need headlight brows? (Y)

- Would you pay extra for Carbon Fiber headlight brows? (Y)

Question - What would the prices be for the different options?

Pretty easy huh? 8)

Chris

Comment

i would need mirrors bare and headlamp pockets for sure and eyebrows raw and i would finish them i would not want them any other way ..sorry i didnt do your y/n deal

Comment

Originally posted by viper10
        i would need mirrors bare and headlamp pockets for sure and eyebrows raw and i would finish them i would not want them any other way ..sorry i didnt do your y/n deal
        No problem, the format is not important as long as it's a clear message to Dean of what we are wanting to purchase.

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

I am working on them as I can now. the mirrors we are trying to make fold but they will not be power. it is a challange to get them to look and work right but I think we can do it.
          I will keep you posted on them, I hope to have them done before the end of Jan.
          D.

Comment

Guys,

I don't know about you but I think that even a manual folding mirror is a much better option than we have today yet it would still remain practical and functional.

I'm still ok with a totally non-powered mirror to keep the costs down. Since it's hinged, the hard part would be done and it could always be converted to "electric" at a later time.

It looks like we have four members expressing interest (Dratts, Viper, a member that PM'd me and myself) any others interested?

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

I am interested as well. Thanks
              Pricing will play a major role.

Comment

Im possibly interested but like the nut said, pricing will be a factor as I have both parts already so I would mearly be paying for the finishing.
                http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...D765AC7574.png

Comment

I will keep price as low as I can. I need to get the first ones done and figure my cost on them before I can price for sure.
                  I will keep you all posted as soon as I can.
                  D.

Comment

How are the folding mirrors for the G28 Kits coming ,are they finished an in component form ,do anyone have folding LP640 mirrors please show pictures , post a pic of a real LP mirror folding up or in the inward fold position
                    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

Not to sound ignorant but I've never seen a real Murcie for more than a minute and never up close but do the real ones fold? I can't imagine how, they're so long! Do they twist up or something? Anyone have a pic or video of them in action?

Comment

They fold like any other car

Comment

yes they do fold, and I was told by Joe at inland if you buy some of the aftermarket ricer side-mirrors off ebay you can use the innards to add to the murci mirrors for folding
                          [URL=http://siteupp.com/]Create Your Own Website[/URL]

Comment

The mirrors fold in electrically and are a very practical feature when transporting or parking the car since the car is so wide. Guys have also folded them in to reduce the drag during high speed runs.

I couldn't find a picture or video of them folding on a Murci (probably because they look odd when folded back) but I did find this video for the Gallardo (note that they pivot up vs. the Murci that fold back).

Look at about 3:26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUnP5...eature=related

Chris

Comment

I would definitely consider the headlight bucket assemblies. Price again as mentioned plays a big part. How about a complete assembly, plug n go. Is there a projected cost to these.....$500, $700, $1000, ++++? any idea? I know you're still putting it all together, but just curious as to what is your target price?
                              Keep dreaming if you want to, I'm building mine!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X