3D models.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D models.

I have quite a few not exact, but very accurate 3d models of many cars. I can post them in google skecthup format for your use. Please let me know what car you are interested in and i will see if i can upload it for you. I may need some help from an Admin for posting them if the size gets too big. I have been helped out quiet a bit from this forum so i think it is time i give back. I am not charging for any of these models. Let me know what you want and i will see what i can do. Have a good one.

Re: 3D models.

I could use a very accurate Countach model and Ferrari F40. Do you have those?

Comment

yes,
      a Countach would be cool

Will

Comment

would you happen to have a file for a formula 1 car? ferrari would be good but any would be greatly received.
        If you have the time it would be great if you could slice it up for me and add a metric scale down the side so that I can line up with my projector , Im ready to have a go at making something (between looking after a 2 1/2 year old and a 2 month old and work lol)
        It wont be a kitcar but a full scale car for my PS3 and Xbox 360 to go in with the projector mounted to display the video for my driving games.
        It would be quite cool if I could also figure out a way to get force feedback working from the 360 steering wheel to move the car .
        And you never know if the body turns out half decent, I might see if any of you have any ideas on how to design and build a chassis and stick a motorbike engine in the back, how cool would that be for driving round the block (not quite a daily driver lol)
        regards pinin

Comment

I would be interested in any Lambo models that you have. What format is it in?

Comment

If you guys need them converted in different formats I can help as I have almost every 3d program there is.
            PM me if you need my help. I have helped members here before so don't think i just want to get 3d models. I have plenty

Comment

as far as lambo's go i have the Gallardo LP550-2, Gallardo LP560-4, Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder, Murcielago LP 640-4, Murcielago LP 670-4 SV, Reventon, Reventon Roadster. Unfortunatly I do not have any Ferrari's right now.

Comment

Hey webslinger283, I'd definitely be interested in a Gallardo and Murcielago model.

Just curious, but are you doing all of your modeling in Sketchup? I've been doing some 3D modeling myself with a program called ViaCAD 3D. It's an inexpensive but very highly capable 3D modeling program that is very similar in functionality to SolidWorks.

Also, how are you doing your modeling? Are you going by 2D blueprints or measuring off of a scale model?

Thanks!

Comment

Does anybody have a good 3d program they could make me a disk of and send it to me????

Comment

Originally posted by pinincoupe
                    It would be quite cool if I could also figure out a way to get force feedback working from the 360 steering wheel to move the car .
                    You could check out:

http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/tron...-sim-t471.html

or

http://www.inventgeek.com/Projects/F...eFeedback.aspx

Comment

As far as free modeling programs, Blender is probably the best choice. Blender is an awesome program, but can be very complicated to learn.

FreeCAD may be available for use now. It has been in development for a while, but it is to be a free and open source alternative to SolidWorks and Inventor. Both of those are very high end programs that usually cost a minimum of $5,000 per license. Again though, FreeCAD has a steep learning curve.

I would recommend trying ViaCAD. It's the very best program you can get for the money. For what it is capable of doing, it could very well be priced in the thousand dollar range, however it is available for less than a hundred. Go to www.punchcad.com to get a free trial version. They also have a Pro version for about $250, but with what you can do with just the basic version, I wouldn't worry with it until you are sure you can use some of its advanced features. ViaCAD is also compatible with other higher end programs like SolidWorks and Inventor.

Don't even consider TurboCAD or DesignCAD if you are wanting to do car design. The base TurboCAD is not a true 3D solid modeling application and is NOT capable of anything more than just basic shapes. It can't do complex shapes like car bodies or boat hulls, for example.

DesignCAD is very capable, but it is so archaic in functionality that by comparison it is a dinosaur. It would take you ten times as long to do what you can do with ViaCAD and even then, the best model you would have wouldn't be as good as the VC model.

To see what I've done with ViaCAD, visit my Facebook page and see some of my models: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1427554255&aid=54103#!/album.php?aid=54103&id=1427554255

I do NOT work for ViaCAD, but I am very active on their support forum and assist in product development. (However, I used to be a Sales Rep for SolidWorks.) When it comes to 3D modeling, I am just an amateur.

Comment

One more thing about ViaCAD (and then I'll shut up! ) is that it is completely compatible with AutoCAD. In fact, if you have been considering plunking down a chunk of change for AutoCAD, you'd be wasting your money to overlook ViaCAD. In my opinion, it's much easier to use and has more capability than AutoCAD.

Comment

Any updates on getting some of your 3D models?

Comment

geoffc thanks for those links i think the first one would be the nutz!!! just imagine this with a real cockpit

Comment

Yeah sorry for the delay i was trying to figure out the best way to share these and make them easy for everyone who wants one to download. I think the safest easiest way to share these with the general public is by using the google sketchup warehouse. We will get things started by showing you the Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV:

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...0e790&result=4

I will try and get some more up before this weekend.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X