• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manijac
    replied
    Re: 3D models.

Originally posted by String
    You are a very talented guy , that model is excellent and the dimensions are very good . I overlayed it onto my chassis quickly to hopefully show it off in a new light .
    Regards

Is there somewhere to download 3d model of your chassis STRING ?

Leave a comment:

• TwilightZ
    replied

the EB110 was done in mexico. its just that not a lot of people know about it. i forgot the name of the company.

Leave a comment:

• SETHalpine
    replied

The Aventador isn't not very accurate on this site..Wait for a release in a game, for a better one.

I've the F458 with pretty good interior and steeringwheel, very interesting in order to compare with my own model
    watch as the arch of rear wheel seems too large with a wheel in only 19"
    it's really a big a car, too much for my taste
    but it will be useful for reference
    I also recovered the EB110, I do not understand why nobody makes replica from this beauty

Leave a comment:

• RHK
    replied

You can find some on www.the3dstudio.com

http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_s...arch=aventador

Leave a comment:

• Lamboventa
    replied

do you have aventador
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• patata
    replied

AutoCNC (Formerly Bobi1) do you have a good model of F40?

Leave a comment:

• dman1409
    replied

Originally posted by webslinger283
    I have quite a few not exact, but very accurate 3d models of many cars. I can post them in google skecthup format for your use. Please let me know what car you are interested in and i will see if i can upload it for you. I may need some help from an Admin for posting them if the size gets too big. I have been helped out quiet a bit from this forum so i think it is time i give back. I am not charging for any of these models. Let me know what you want and i will see what i can do. Have a good one.
    Can you get a model of a F430 scuderia?! WOULD LOVE THAT!
    Can you allso get the dimensions of an F430 steering wheel?!

Thanx in advance ! Great initiative!

Leave a comment:

• SETHalpine
    replied

yes more poly, but not always perfect accurate.
    Curiously for this studio, which make almost an advertissement for Ferrari...
    In your example: the Enzo, the lower parts of the spoiler has many errors...Size of the edge just above the black plastic spoiler, the cut, even the shape.
    Great work anyway from the modeler team, but not the orignal CAD file...

Leave a comment:

• webslinger283
    replied

Speaking of a CCX... http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...90&prevstart=0

Leave a comment:

• SETHalpine
    replied

There is a important difference between the modelling software:
    3DS max is mainly for the game use by example. To resume, you create the shape like if you cut in the clay. Using triangle( or simple geometric form) as starting form.Itīs expensive 6000€.Sketchup 3D is more easy and itīs almost free.
    NURBS modelling software as Rhinoceros 3D/CATIA use curves and are used for industrial work (CAD)

Anyway, itī s more easy to find a accurate 3d in a game now than to build it.
    So Fiero is rarely in the game. You have to do it by yourself or to scan it ( in 3d). But the Aventador, Lotus Evora,
    New '11 Lancia Stratos should be available very soon in a game, so its 3d could be available..Of course, donīt expect a perfect CAD 3d with wonderfull surfaces , but just a 50 000 ”triangles” 3d(smoothed mesh) quite enough good to shape your own foam.

Leave a comment:

• Austrian Import
    replied

I would love an accurate model of a Fiero, both Fastback and Notchback. What I would really love is an accurate model of a Fiero spaceframe. That would be genius.

Or models of a Fiero cradle, suspension, etc.

Besides the McLaren Mp4-12c, which you already posted, I'd love to see:
    Lotus Evora
    New '11 Lancia Stratos
    Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera 570-4, and the 560-4
    Lotus prototypes revealed last year.

Other small mid-engined cars, especially the rare, unheard of ones.

How is Solidworks for car modeling? I've seen tutorials based on the old Lambo Gallardo, and Audi R8 floating around. I understand the software is capable of some surface modeling.

What other software do people use in the industry?

Is it still Catia V5 and 3D Studio Max? Have you ever played with Catia?

Leave a comment:

• SETHalpine
    replied

Nowadays you can easily extract from a game,a quite enough accurate 3D mesh of a car.
    You don't need to use some blueprints or to learn the 3D modelling
    Often, the data are from the original CAD converted in poor mesh for the game.(But the better is to have a Nurbs 3D which is quite better in order to mold the surfaces)

Of course, it's not legal to take it

And i don't say that's the case here, just that's very easy
    , as the game are now very respectfull, you can have good 3d interior for your build

Leave a comment:

• mlochala
    replied

Wow! Thanks webslinger283!

What an incredibly great job you did on this McLaren! That's awesome! How in the world did you model this with so little information available on this car?

I would love to know your techniques for creating 3D models. Even with good 2D blueprints, it is a very difficult (and extremely time consuming!) job to produce a 3D model. Please share any tips you can share on how to do this. I will be an avid student.

Leave a comment:

• webslinger283
    replied

Mclaren MP4-12C for your use... http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...90&prevstart=0

Leave a comment:

• String
    replied

You are a very talented guy , that model is excellent and the dimensions are very good . I overlayed it onto my chassis quickly to hopefully show it off in a new light .
    Regards

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X