Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 Lamborghini Countach Replica -Nice! Correct Dimensions -Runs & Drives Great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Lamborghini Countach Replica -Nice! Correct Dimensions -Runs & Drives Great

1989 Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Replica

- Runs and drives great!
    - Always garaged
    - Currently registered and has a "Special Construction" title which means no smog test required in California!
    - Built on a stretched Fiero chassis
    - Chassis stretch was professionally done by D & R
    - I.F.G. body kit -Accurate dimensions/size and correct wheelbase!
    - I've read online that I.F.G. molded this kit from an original 25th Anniversary Countach which is why it's so accurate!
    - Compomotive 25th Anniversary replica wheels with Yokohama 345/35/15 rear tires and 205/50/15 in front
    - Wheels have the correct "OZ Racing" stickers on the edge of each wheel and aluminum center caps with the Lamborghini bull emblem
    - Wheel locks installed to prevent theft
    - Tires are in great shape with a lot of tread!
    - Automatic transmission
    - Rebuilt Fiero 2.8 litre V6 engine (I don't have the receipt though)
    - Custom headers and dual exhaust system
    - Stainless steel dual exhaust tips on each side (4 tips total like the original Countach has)
    - Curved and shaded DOT laminated winshield
    - Curved DOT laminated rear quarter windows
    - Laminated side door glass (3 separate glass pieces in each door)
    - Welded steel door window frames
    - Original Lamborghini 25th Anniversary black aluminum door sill plates
    - Accurate replica wiper blade/arm with one large/one small wiper blade and double pivoting arm
    - Altissimo rear tail lights
    - Replica rubberized plastic head ignition key with the Lamborghini bull emblem
    - Original OEM Lamborghini emblems installed throughout including the correct clear "bubble" Countach front hood emblem
    - Lamborghini VIN plates, ID stickers, tire pressure sticker, and other original stickers installed in the door jambs and the engine compartment.
    - Aluminum Lamborghini logo emblem on top of the engine intake to cover the original "Fiero" wording
    - OEM Lamborghini rear marker lights and door jamb lights
    - OEM Lamborghini (Carello brand) front turn signal lights. European version with the yellow and white lens.
    - MSD Blaster ignition
    - DEI aluminum air intake with K&N style cone washable air filter
    - Electric intake blower "Turbo" fan to maximize intake air flow.
    - Magnecore high performance spark plug wires
    - New battery
    - Interior firewall and part of engine compartment was lined with Dynamat to reduce interior engine noise
    - This car has several separate exterior body parts assembled together just like the real Countach. A number of other body kit manufacturers will mold parts together with the main body to save on cost and assembly hassles. However, this is a negative because it can be a dead giveaway of a replica, plus it's tougher for a repair in case of an accident. This body has the following SEPARATE parts:
    --- Separate opening rear trunk and separate opening engine lid
    --- Separate front and rear bumpers
    --- Separate rear tail light panel
    --- Separate rear quarter intake vents on top of the rear quarter panels
    - Wheel well liners were also installed on this car! A lot of replicas do not have these allowing light to come through the wheel well areas which looks uncompleted and unsightly. Light coming through these areas is a dead giveaway of a replica as well!
    - OEM rear license plate lights
    - "Reverse" opening front trunk (like the original Countach). Small storage area plus access to the radiator up in front.
    - Carpeted radiator cover for the front trunk area. -Carpeted behind the front trunk lid too.
    - Recaro SE reclining seats with adjustable headrests. Seats are in excellent shape with no rips!
    - Sparco 3 point racing seat belts with Sabelt buckles.
    - Replica 3 spoke steering wheel with bull emblem
    - Custom gauge kit -White with black numbers
    - Momo "carbon fiber" parking brake handle
    - Momo Italy leather gear selector that resembles a manual gear shifter
    - Aluminum Razo racing pedals
    - Replica steering wheel and horn pad with the Lamborghini bull emblem
    - Remote controlled power locks
    - Carpet in good shape with no rips
    - Replica floor mats with embroidered Lamborghini shield/logos
    - 4 speaker stereo system with tweeters mounted in the door -Boston Acoustics speakers
    - Aiwa AM/FM stereo with detachable face and Ipod/MP3 player input
    - Replica door panels stitched to look like the original Lamborghini design
    - Stationary side windows, but the lower glass can be removed/installed easily to have airflow while driving
    - Correct "Baby Turbo" style side view mirrors
    - Keyed locking gas cap
    - Carpeted rear trunk area (Including under the rear trunk lid)
    - Urethane motor mounts
    - Fog lamps
    - Rear coil springs were replaced with high performance units
    - License plate frame with the Lamborghini logo/bull emblem
    - Weatherstripping installed for the doors, rear engine lid and rear trunk. -A lot of replicas do not have weatherstripping installed in all of these areas!

As mentioned above, the car runs and drives great! Needless to say, it attracts a lot of attention and is a real headturner! It has the "Special Construction" title which is a big deal in California since it does not require a smog check/emissions test. You can pretty much do whatever you want to the engine, or even swap it out with something else if desired and not have to worry about it being legal! The body is an I.F.G. which from what I understand is very accurate and has all of the correct dimensions of the original. It also has the correct wheelbase. I was also told that I.F.G. manufactured this body using a mold that was taken off of the real deal. The car is pretty original looking overall, and most people do not know that it is a replica. When driving, there is really not too much windnoise due to the installed weatherstripping. The car overall is very solid and fairly quiet compared to some of the other replica cars that I have ridden in.

The car is basically about 95% complete. However, most of these cars never get to be 100% complete anyway with always something that could be changed/modified. The interior is complete with custom panels, console, headliner, dash, etc. Everything is in good shape, but they can be changed to look more like OEM if desired. It uses the original Fiero instrumentation, controls and steering column, but they are decently fitted into the custom dash. The headliner is done with padded headliner material, but could be redone with a little better workmanship if desired. The door panels, dash, center console, rear window rear panel are all custom upholstered and they look pretty good. The front pop up headlights have been temporarily disconnected for now since the driver's side motor went bad. It's just a stock Fiero motor, so replacement will be cheap. The headlights work/turn on, however they just do not pop up automatically at this time. The car does have a bit of an oil leak when the engine is cold, but stops once the engine is warmed up. It appears that it might be coming from the crankshaft main seal.

Please keep in mind that this car is NOT perfect and has been used/enjoyed! The paint is in overall good shape and shines very well! It looks great from a few feet away, but up close it does have minor nicks, chips, scratches and small cracks in the body here and there from use. A lot of these imperfections have been touched up with touch up paint. The front bumper/spoiler is low and has seen its share of rock chips and minor scrapes. It also has met a couple of unforgiving driveways and has a few cracks here and there from that as well. However, overall the front is in decent shape and there are no big fiberglass chunks missing or anything like that. When driving this car, you really need to drive with caution and be beware of driveways, speedbumps and other road hazards that you wouldn't normally think about with a "regular" vehicle. The car also needs a few other misc. things which include: the front headlight motor problem (already mentioned), hood struts (hood lift supports) for the engine lid, rear trunk, front trunk, the tachometer gauge is not currently working (I have another replacement instrument cluster that will be included), the car is equipped with air conditioning but the belt is loose and squealing loudly, so that needs to be looked at. Also, the bracket that mounts the wiper motor assembly/receiver part of the front hood latch (1 piece) needs to be re-welded (I currently have the front latch rigged so that it still holds the front hood down though).

There has been A LOT of work and detail put into this car! There are quite a few things that you will find on this car that a lot of other replicas will not have, or builders didn't go through the trouble to do. Most of the items on this car were done with the goal to make it look as accurate to the original as possible. Sure, there are more accurate replicas out there than this one, but ones like that will go for around $40K+! I think you will be HARD PRESSED to find a much more accurate and detailed replica in this price range! Most in the lower price range are short wheelbase/stubby versions, or ones that only look "similar" to a Countach. You simply CANNOT build one like this to this stage for this price! Overall, this car looks great and it's a fun car to enjoy! The new owner can work on some of the detail items or drive it as it is! I haven't really used the car too much lately, plus I could use some cash in my pocket is the reason for the decision to sell. It's a real blast to own and gets the attention of the genuine 6 figure exotic at a small fraction of the price! Serious buyers only please. Thanks!

Please click on the link below to view the photo album:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6567185...62166635/show/

Re: 1989 Lamborghini Countach Replica -Nice! Correct Dimensions -Runs & Drives Great

Wow! nice! makes me want a Countach.....

Comment

Re: 1989 Lamborghini Countach Replica -Nice! Correct Dimensions -Runs & Drives Great

I definitely Wish I had the funds for this!
      The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
      As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
      Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
      SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
      Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Comment

One of my favorites. Love the countach. Good luck with the sale
        [url]www.fiberclassics.org[/url]
        [url]www.miatakitcar.com[/url]

Comment

Stunning Car. Great Job.. Nice deal for someone.
          Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
          Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Comment

Do you have any photos of the interior? I didn't see any in the album.

Comment

Great looking car, I'd trade ya for my car! Good luck with the sale!
              [url]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/8454-my-official-ad355-build-thread-sactodreamer.html[/url]

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

I was out of town for awhile. I got back, pulled out the car and took a bunch of new and detailed pictures. Please click on the link at the bottom to view the photo album with nearly 70 pics! I also updated the ad and description. Please let me know if anyone has any questions. Thanks!

Comment

Very nice car for a great price.

Comment

IFG ... This is the sexy beast I was building. ... Good Luck with the sale!

Comment

The interior needs a little bit of work but otherwise its a perfect starter project for someone looking to get into the Lambo scene.

Comment

Beautiful car! Get rid of the fiero interior,dash and guages, put in banana seats with some nice leather change out the cener console and she would be hell of nice car.

Comment

Wow, great deal, I often have people offering to buy my car at the shows, I'll send them your way.
                          Website link [URL="https://sites.google.com/site/lamborghinicountachreplica/"]https://sites.google.com/site/lamborghinicountachreplica/[/URL]
                          Blog link [URL="https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/"]https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by holycow
                            Beautiful car! Get rid of the fiero interior,dash and guages, put in banana seats with some nice leather change out the cener console and she would be hell of nice car.
                            Exactly and maybe even a V12 swap or 3.4 DOHC LQ1 swap with a Diablo engine cover would make that car perfect.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X