Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - 84 - 87 cradle end piece

Hi everyone...

I started on the cradle extension today and found the the passengers end piece is mostly rotted away. gtodavidson (on this site) was nice enough to give me the drivers side but now I need the passengers side as well.

Does anyone happen to have an old cradle hanging around and don't mind cutting off a piece for me??? Hopefully someone can help me out otherwise I will have to try and figure out how to make a new one ??? or buy an entire cradle from the scrap yard....

This side closest to you is the rotted off end piece and the furthest away piece is where I cut it off to do the stretch....

Attached Files

Re: Wanted - 84 - 87 cradle end piece

I welded a washer in place of the rubber. I wanted a solid feel in the rear.

Dave
    Attached Files
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Not a bad idea Dave but for now I still want a little give with either OEM or poly bushings.

Still looking for this piece if anyone had one.

Comment

Still looking for the end piece or even a decent cradle preferably in the Rhode Island area

Comment

When I stretched my cradle I used a 2"x3" channel to make the extention and welded in a piece of pipe for the mounting bolt to go through.
          Attached Files
          My Projects:

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...y-project.html
          http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-facelift.html
          http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...430-build.html

Comment

nice idea.... my only concern would be with the small diameter tubing eventually wearing a hole in the mounts?? Think this is a concern?

Comment

No concern at all Glenn.

The 88 Fiero's have the same setup as what Dave and Sean have done. Same diameter tubes with no issues.

I did the same thing. In fact I kept the same angle to the front cradle so I could put in a second tube and bolt to really help with the connections between the frame and cradle.

I recommend doing what Sean did since you don't have the front section any more anyway.

Cheers
              Don

A couple pics of how I did mine. This is an 86 cradle with the rubber mounts pulled out and plates welded over the holes and tubes put through. You can see the double tubes I used in the cradle frame and how it all fits in to my extended cradle mounting plates.
              Attached Files
              308 Ferrari replica
              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

I may have to do this as I haven't had any luck finding a good end piece and a different cradle is running 150 for a rusty one and 350 for a decent one ouch!

What size outer and inner diameter tubing should I use? Hope that is easier to find then a cradle.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X