Wanted: Countach Interior package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Countach Interior package

Anyone know of a source for one of these? I have an IFG 25'th second generation. I will be fabbing my own if I can't find anything else. This of course means that I will be bugging the crap out of someone for measurements in the future! Fun Fun! 8)

Re:Wanted: Countach Interior package

Hi

I just wanted to ask you if you are planing on keeping it as factory as posible ?
    I am guessing you are because of the wheels you just got.
    this is only a suggestion, I was going to try to replicate the real one but after seeing a fiero w/ a Firebird dash I really like the way it looked, plus I am not going for "factory look".
    I just wanted to give you an alternative

Comment

I saw a guy at the Daytona Show this year who might be able to help you. His name is Mike Vetter. I think he builds the interior glass to be covered by the person of your choice. I will look up his contact info and pass it on to your email later,

Dave
      If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

I sent him an E-mail today with my usual assortment of questions. I hope to hear back from him soon. I'll let you know. Here is his site and his contact info is there. http://www.kitcar.cc/ Since we are on the interior questions,,,,,,is it worth getting the "Mr. Mikes" seat covers? Would it not be cheaper to just go to a local ulphosterer? As always,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for the Info!!!!! 8)

Comment

If you live outside of the U.S. no question it will be cheaper to go to the local upholster shop... In the U.S., I don't really know!

Comment

it is better with plywood and for upholsterer.he can staple the cover easy.
            [img]http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/attachments/dash interior.JPG[/img
            as for seats if you reupholster old ones make them look like the 25th.shave the side bulge and stich it as oem.it cost me around$700Can. for pair.

Comment

Comment

Kitcarnut: I know this is a lot to ask,,,but,,,,,,,,You didn't by chance keep the measurements to the pieces you used for the dash, sidepods, and the center console? I don't have any problem building my own interior,,,,,,,,,,,IF I had the measurements. Maybe we can talk on this again? 8)

Comment

Larry:

There is a guy in New Port Richey, Florida (Tampa Area) who is building a car like yours. He and his father made all of his interior parts out of Foam and Fiberglass (they make airplanes out of this stuff too). The finished parts are light weight and easy to build. Once the fiberglass is on the foam it is as hard as the plywood in the picture on this thread. Here is his number. Contact: Jason, 727-364-6288. He has the measurements you need. In just a few days he will be moving to Colorado with a job transfer. So donít wait to long to call him for the information you need and how he makes his parts. I have personally seen the car and he is for real.

As far as Mr. Mike. He makes great stuff for Fiero seats, headliners etc and upholstered my 355 interior for me, but not sure if he does complete custom interiors like that any longer. I believe you will be using a custom bucket in your Lambo and I do not think he can assist you with covering those, but it never hurts to ask.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Thank you once again for the info and the phone number! I will get in touch with them this weekend. Wouldn't an upholsterer prefer wood over fiberglass though for covering ???

Comment

Larry:

I asked Mr. Mike about this once and he said he thinks it takes more glue for plywood rather than with the other materials plus the fabric forms and adheres better to fiberglass etc. The plywood has to be sealed first anyway.

Dave

Comment

Larry,
                        Jon Easton made my seats (out of fiberglass) and they are very high quality replicas, I think I paid $75 each. Don't use Fiero seats (ie. Mr. Mikes' seat covers) because the Countach is hard enough to drive, and I've driven a replica with Fiero seats (total nightmare, and I'm only 5'-9") and I've sat in a replica with replica seats, and it felt much more like a normal car. The Fiero seats put you up way too high and scrunches your head against the roof. Mr. Mikes' seat covers are phenomonal, however. I had a Fiero with those, and they were absolutely gorgeous. It also had his optional leather arm rests, and a slightly custom console which were equally classy. If you want, I can look up Jon's number for you. For the rest, If it was me, I would go with either plywood or fiberglass, depending on what you feel more comfortable building. When I get to that stage, I will probably do a combination of both, but I don't think I'm going with a stock-looking interior. Sorry if this was too wordy!
                        John

Comment

Hi I would like to get the measurements of dash and console also some replica seats and a front bumper the one I have is not for a 5000 s any help would be appericated . Gene

Comment

John:

I agree with the seat situation. I wonder if there are any other seats for my 355 replica that are lower than the Fiero. I have a long trunk (not bragging) and I have a tendency to hit my head getting in and out of the car. I have noticed it is starting to wear off the hair on my head too. At least that is what I think is happening to my hair.

Anyway, any suggestions on optional seats for a 355 with a lower seating profile?

Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X