Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murcielago and Reventon Next-Gen replica steering wheel Complete

All,

If anyone is interested in an almost exact replica of the Murci steering wheel (the Murci Airbag is visibly exact copy of the OEM and of course is not functioning airbag), I have it on ebay. The reason I say "Almost exact" is because there are subtle difference in the off the shelf steering wheel I am using but the airbag cover is an exact copy from OEM (Of course it is a non-working airbag). Please note the steering wheel is the closest I could find with a affordable price, if you want it “EXACT as OEM” then you can always buy the OEM steering wheel and use the replica cover to give an visibly exact Murci steering wheel. The cost of the standard Murci steering wheel is $2006.11 and the cost of the airbag is $6858.85
    Get rid of that cheesy steering wheel in your expansive build with something that looks so close to the original that most OEM folks can’t tell the difference (to clarify the replica airbag cover).
    For the select folks who prefer the OEM steering wheel the total cost is about $8,864.96. Below is a link if you would like to confirm pricing or purchase.
    http://www.lambostuff.com/xq/asp/yea...catalogTav.htm
    For everyone else… I spent a substantial amount trying to prefect the steering wheel as close as I could and still keeping the total cost to a minimum. I also worked with the chemical compound provider to get the blend as close as possible to the OEM at a substantial cost so my replica cover looks and feels exact as can be.

What is included:
    Brand new off the shelf steering wheel and not the cheep kind either
    Exact copy of the Murci airbag cover (non working airbag)
    Horn button
    You will have to trim and glue the cover to the steering wheel to your liking....

Lamborghini Murcielago and Reventon Next Gen Replica Steering Wheel Complete | eBay

Note in the pic the airbag is just sitting on the steering wheel hence the edges sticking out, once glued in place you won’t see the edges flair out a bit as in the pic

Thanks
    CCIE
    Last edited by CCIE; 01-14-2013, 11:31 AM.

Nice ,Great job ...best match i have seen up to this point , IF your car is a roadster you need this to complete the interior
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

Looks the same as my lotus Elise oem steering wheel with the round airbag

Comment

am33r.... The lotus Elise oem steering wheel looks nothing like the Murci steering wheel except for the inside airbag being circular and the split line through the middle. Big issue is you have a large "Lotus" logo in the middle.... If you are building a kit car then a $24 cheep wheel off of ebay will work but a dead giveaway..... If you want to build a replica then don’t go cheep.... Any way it is your build and matters to you what is important but then again I hate comments from others like "o it’s a KIT CAR" or "it’s a cheap knockoff" or worst......

Any way Lotus Elise OEM steering wheel looks nothing like Lamborghini Murcielago OEM steering wheel or even my Replica steering wheel.....

Comment

Lp670_SV wow man 2 posts and your second one is to diss someone else product.... Aren’t you the same jerk that dissed my wheel on another Murci kit forum and created a soap opera just because you did not like the price? (I deleted the entire thread because I do not want to play games like little kids) I never mentioned $500 was the cost and I never mentioned that the steering wheel was exact.... You might want to read the post more carefully before you comment I said the replica airbag is an exact copy of the OEM and that is what the OEM lambo can’t tell apart. Any way if you do not like the wheel then build your own, why say negative comments on someone else’s parts specially since this is your 2nd post. If you can find other person that is offering the part then by all means go buy from them. O and if you really think the OEM parts is cheeper or cost $500.00 then by all means buy them. The OEM airbag alone cost me close to $4K and that does not include the wheel. If you feel the steering wheel is not UP TO YOUR STANDERD then by all means buy somewhere else. My replica airbag will fit OEM wheel as well. Below is a pic of OEM next to my copy. Any way good luck with your build. Just please do not comment on my post and I will do the same. GOOD LUCK….

Please note: The OEM is on the left and my Replica is on the right

Admin please contact me and I will tell you the history about this member from another forum
          Last edited by CCIE; 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCIE View Post
            am33r.... The lotus Elise oem steering wheel looks nothing like the Murci steering wheel except for the inside airbag being circular and the split line through the middle. Big issue is you have a large "Lotus" logo in the middle.... If you are building a kit car then a $24 cheep wheel off of ebay will work but a dead giveaway..... If you want to build a replica then don’t go cheep.... Any way it is your build and matters to you what is important but then again I hate comments from others like "o it’s a KIT CAR" or "it’s a cheap knockoff" or worst......

Any way Lotus Elise OEM steering wheel looks nothing like Lamborghini Murcielago OEM steering wheel or even my Replica steering wheel.....
            I drive my elise everyday and that wheel is in my face and i thought it had a similar shape/size/curve points

Click image for larger version

Name:	Elise.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	374029

Comment

Lp670_SV..... Thank you for updating your wordings to relatively Kindler and gentler wordings. Your critics about the steering wheel are understood and thank you for your feedback. I am constantly improving on the parts that I make. I suppose we can get close to the original part based on the budget we have but to be exact the original is the only way to go, again the original will run you about $8860.00 or a bit less depending upon your dealer discount though most Lambo dealer sell at list. Anyway if you can point me to a Murci steering wheel with airbag (even with blown airbag) for around $500 I would definitely buy it.

AM33r.... No disrespect was meant by my response above. The Lotus steering wheel is a good alternative but does not look close to OE and if you were able to find the Lotus steering wheel, it will still cost you a bundle.

I have attached a pic comparing the OEM murci steering wheel to my replica steering wheel and let everyone be a judge if it is worth the few extra dollars to make your replica build look that much better and no my reserve on ebay is not $500.

Just a note about the pic below: OEM Murci steering wheel pic was taken professionally with flash, my steering wheel pic was taken with my iphone without flash also the airbag is just sitting on the steering wheel without being glued in place so the edges are flared out, and the angles of the steering wheels are different as well. Please see up-close pic of airbag (OEM and my replica) above…

Thank You
              CCIE
              Last edited by CCIE; 01-14-2013, 11:20 PM.

Comment

When I pm'd you here you told me its $500. I think forum members should help eachother out and if you pay less than $200 for that black steering wheel plus less than $50 for fiberglass material to make the airbag cover you shouldn't ask for $500 at least not on this forum.Ebay, sure, but on this forum i think the price shouldn't be more than $300 since you probably got the black steering wheel for less than $150 since you bought more than one. Still you can charge $1000 if you want and whoever has money and think its worth it should buy it. Steering wheel does look really good i believe it to be the best replica steering wheel i've seen.

Comment

Asantil.P ….. Thank you for your feedback. First I do not use fiberglass in any part of the airbag though I am working on a rear cover for it which will be made from fiberglass. Again the material that I use is a special blend of polyurethane rubber, a material that I worked with a chemical company that I use in making the airbag cover that looks and feels just like the original….. Also you are forgetting the original cost of the OEM airbag (close to $4000.00) that I had to buy to make the airbag cover spot on….. And yes my original price was $500 which is still cheap compare to the original steering wheel and airbag cover cost of $8,800.00+ . Currently the buy it now is $500 but the reserve is not. Thank you for your KIND WORDS FOR THE JOB WELL DONE… And I completely agree that forum members help each others. My original cost for this project is over $6500+ and not including the many hours of trial and errors to make it look and feel just right. By the way I am building a Diablo and not a murci… The jerk that I originally made it for (which started out as a $1 bet) took off on me and owes me substantial amount of money to build one for him. Got to love the replica world……

By the way after looking at all the ebay listing and other sources for a Murci (OEM, Replica or otherwise) even at $500 my replica steering wheel is a steel.....

Anyway thank you for everyone’s consideration and best of luck with your build... You are all doing an amazing job and are always an inspiration to me in my build progress
                  Last edited by CCIE; 01-14-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Let's see you buy that same steering wheel and put in the r&d to make your steering wheel look that close to oe and see if you want to sell it for less than $300. Come on man. Thats just like the guy that wonders why a good replica will sell for 50K even though its not the real deal. You don't know all the hard work and loooooong hours that was put into building it.

Comment

Yes in this case it is different because he actually bought a real steering wheel and tried different things to get the rubber feel look so yea i understand now why he charges that much. But if he was using fiberglass and didnt buy a oem steering wheel and did all that $500 would be too much for sure. I mean i got two murcielago gas doors from IKR for $25 each and he used as much fiberglass and material as it would be used to make that cover so it wouldnt make sense to charge $500. But since he did buy an oem steering wheel and did spend all that money on researching how to make it feel oem he should charge that much and the steering wheel does look amazing. He explained why he charges that much and it is reasonable also because he is the only one that offers one with that quality and feel.

Comment

Few more days on ebay

Lamborghini Murcielago and Reventon Next Gen Replica Steering Wheel Complete | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by LP670_SV
                          This is the only forum.. ? I didn't diss it any more than you dissed the other person by saying the steering wheel didn't look anything like the murcie's. You're steering wheel doesn't resemble it that well either. That's just fact. I take it you didn't post it on the lambo forums yet to see what they say..

Thank You for your constructive criticism and your feedback is well taken, I am so very glad that you have a better product for the forum replica building brothers. This is what makes the replica building community so awesome. We all try to do our best to make our dreams come true and assist others with their builds.
                          I have also considered your opinion to
                          “I take it you didn't post it on the lambo forums yet to see what they say..”
                          but I am at a lost why I would need to post it on the “lambo forums”, please forgive my lack of intelligence, of course I am not as smart as you with great talent but you see I am not offering it to the OEM folks, with my limited intelligence and understanding I would have thought that folks who can afford a $400,000 car can of course afford a $4000 air bag if they so need it but then again I am at a lost in front of someone with such great wisdom..

CCIE

Comment

Um.. this steering wheel cover has been out for years splashed by lambolambo and it was never sold for even half that. This isn't a car it's a part. Just because you used an oem part to copy off of doesn't mean some of that oem cost goes into the splashed part. The oem part is made by Lambo and the name is what makes the cost so high not the materials and labor. I know what these materials cost, btw, I guess you can fool some but not all...
                            AGAIN Thank you for your opinion and great wisdom please invite lambolambo to post his cover on here so our forum brothers have a choice and options. If a project cost bunch of money who would have thought the person would try to spread the cost into the item, but then again in the presence of such great wisdom who am I to question such intelligence.
                            Any way let the buyers decide if they want the steering wheel…. If you feel you have a better faster nicer steering wheel then by all means please post pic, if you offer a better steering wheel by all means please let us all know here so the builders have a choice. By the way you mentioned the steering wheel cover has been out for years…. How come no one has them on their build.

Just my observation you have very few post and all are target with negative feedback to me. WHY?

Comment

Uh!

Um.. this steering wheel cover has been out for years splashed by lambolambo and it was never sold for even half that. This isn't a car it's a part. Just because you used an oem part to copy off of doesn't mean some of that oem cost goes into the splashed part. The oem part is made by Lambo and the name is what makes the cost so high not the materials and labor. I know what these materials cost, btw, I guess you can fool some but not all...
                              I'm going to chime in here just because this guy seems a bit of a tit - I happen to have bought a lambolambo cover , as it was the only one available and I am using an original steering wheel .He posted a pic of the original item and his mould when it was first offered for sale and I would think it is fair to say any other's for sale would be splash of his.
                              There is a lot of work involved in using a genuine steering wheel - and is not for everybody , therefore having this steering wheel / airbag option available should be appreciated for what it is.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X