WTB Diablo Roadster armrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Diablo Roadster armrest

Does anyone have a pair of Diablo Roadster armrest they would like to sell.?

Thanks
    Mike

Mike,

It's very simple and cheap to make your own. Here's what I did. I made a template out of painters tape for the general shape of the ARM rest. Then I transferred that to a piece of 3/4" plywood. Next I cut out the shape of the light pocket & then transferred that to another piece of 3/4" plywood. I think I used maybe 4 pieces total and a piece of 1/4" plywood to make up the thickness I needed. Them I glued and screwed the pieces together and then used 40 grit sand paper to form the rough shape and round the edges. Last I used bonding hair to body work and fill in the joints were the wood pieces connected. At the front near speaker box I drill a hole the counter sunk a bolt for mounting. At the rear there are two bolts that will be hidden by the light pocket cover.
    For the recess in the middle were you actually grab the handle I used the door panel pockets as a guide to cut two sections of the plywood out creating the handle section

Last edited by rodrieguz; 04-14-2013, 10:27 PM. Reason: additiinal info

Comment

I contacted kitcar inc, they displayed a diablo arm rest in one of their video they posted but there seemed to be some sort of commuication barrier as they couldn't understand what I was asking for. I haven't heard back from them so it is on to plan "B".
      Wow that arm rest looks nice as well as the speaker box. Do you have any measurements I can work with. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
      Mike

Comment

Shoot me a pm with your address I can send you the paper template I started with. The measurements I can give but I recall you are building a d&r roadster. Those doors are a bit different as the ARM rest would be shorter.

Comment

PM sent

Thanks
          Mike

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X