Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for Turnkey Replica Lamborghini:

Hey all,

I don't know if awaiting to be approved to post or something but i tried posting this at like 12:00 so if it pops up twice sorry in advance.

New to the thread here and a big fan of your work. I have been in the market for a completed Lamborghini replica for quite some time. I noticed that you were very helpful with this guys Blakec177 request so I figured I would try my luck. First off I am located in Orlando, FL. I also have a home in southern, IN so within a 6 hour radius of those two locations would be Awesome. If not i'm still open to flying in to see the car. I'm looking for something similar to Blakec177 a newer model Lamborghini say 2004 or newer! My price range would be any where from 30-55k. of course that range is wide based on the car and the options. First off I am looking for a car that has a very close fit and finish to the o.e.m model exterior and interior, I want something that is based on a rear engine chassis, basically I want to be able to pull it off as the real deal to someone who knows nothing about lambo's. I am looking at a time frame to buy before the end of the year if possible, and not really looking to build. First choice in terms of options is working windows/ac/accessories, next would be convertible, and next would be orange or exotic color. Shoot me anything you guys think will match. Like I said i have been looking for quite sometime so i know Robslp640 and he does great work just looking for something i can drive away in.

I would buy this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQMy87aAj1Q but its no longer for sale.

Correct me if i'm wrong anyone but the car you posted a link to doesn't have working windows and that was one of your desired options.

I'm not positive but:
    1) i didn't see any window switches on door panel or center console.
    2) At 7:25 you can see a pretty good gap there.
    3) window area is all the way open. Most functioning window replicas don't go down all the way b/c the door is not tall enough for the donor glass.
    4) mostly b/c the seller doesn't mention the door glass in the video.

It is a nice example however and good luck with your search.

PS- working door glass is one of the most difficult parts of a build which is why most lambo reps are roadsters.

Comment

Robs lp640 turns out cheaply built cars with shiny paint jobs , they certainly are not high quality builds

Jim Dinner or Mike Chase have high quality builds

Comment

Originally posted by cutlass442 View Post
        Robs lp640 turns out cheaply built cars with shiny paint jobs , they certainly are not high quality builds

Jim Dinner or Mike Chase have high quality builds

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by notnilc20 View Post
          Correct me if i'm wrong anyone but the car you posted a link to doesn't have working windows and that was one of your desired options.

I'm not positive but:
          1) i didn't see any window switches on door panel or center console.
          2) At 7:25 you can see a pretty good gap there.
          3) window area is all the way open. Most functioning window replicas don't go down all the way b/c the door is not tall enough for the donor glass.
          4) mostly b/c the seller doesn't mention the door glass in the video.

It is a nice example however and good luck with your search.

PS- working door glass is one of the most difficult parts of a build which is why most lambo reps are roadsters.

You are probably right, I have never seen the car in person nor ever asked if the windows worked, thanks for the tip on windows on most replicas not working, I have a seen a mixture of both. If i were to buy a replica how much do you think it would cost to put working windows in it?

thanks-

Comment

$2000-4000
            To have someone do it , its a lot of labor

Comment

Labour costs depend on the quality of workmanship required, Garages usually work at 50/hr ($75/hr) Finished cars can warrant 15000 in labour . ie. Extreme murci's are around 35000 for a good one, I would say 20000 may get you all the bits for a finished car. Buying a finished car will allow you to set a budget, buying a turnkey or just a kit could lead to a lot of frustration and anxiety.
              Due to the complexity of a Murci rep as a kitcar very few builders can take this on and make a profit AND leave you feeling like you've got a lot for your hard earned money. Tread very carefully and don't get taken in by the glamour of owning a picture on the wall, in reality it could turn out to be a real dissapointment.
              A parallel design Diablo can command in excess of 50000, these are regarded as a true replica.
              Hope this helps you set a true budget which ever way you wish to go.
              D

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X