Ferrari 308 plenums available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari 308 plenums available

I have a few duplicated 308 plenums available, if anyone is interested (and the original)

Pics further down this thread of one fitted to my 355 replica, above the V6 engine (ok, I know it doesn't look much like a 355 engine bay, but I have to admit, it does look very ferrari-ish)

Just pm me,

Kind regards

B
    Last edited by redhot; 04-13-2014, 04:02 PM. Reason: I can now post pics

How much are they?

Comment

120 plus postage (shipped from Essex, UK). They are made in a multi-part mould, the original casting marks and all. The one I have on my car is in Rosso corsa gel pigment, so you can lightly paint the lettering silver. Identical to the real thing, which sell for around 400 in rough condition (F328/308).

Comment

What about all those hoses and tubes connected to it ? Do you he e those too

Comment

For the one on my car, I paid a lot for a real Ferrari 308/328 rubber intake hose, then realised I needed a smaller diameter hose, so I could neatly route it as I wanted. I paid about GBP25 for some stainless braded hoses and fittings (loads on ebay), then bought the smaller diameter rubber intake hose, plus bulkhead flange from Car Builder Solutions - Kit Car Parts, Tools and Accessories, here are the part numbers and costs from them:

BHFLA49 49mm O.D. Bulkhead Flange Connector 5.00 excl VAT 1 5.00 excl VAT
          VU50 Rubber hose 50mm ID x 432mm Long 12.50 excl VAT 1 12.50 excl VAT

Make me an offer for the genuine intake hose if you like (send PM), mine looks quite new compared to this one on ebay Ferrari 328, 308 QV, Air Hose / Plenum Tube # 118310 | eBay

Comment

What I meant to say was "no sorry, the plenums do not come with hoses, however they are easy and cheap to get hold of"

Originally posted by redhot View Post
            For the one on my car, I paid a lot for a real Ferrari 308/328 rubber intake hose, then realised I needed a smaller diameter hose, so I could neatly route it as I wanted. I paid about GBP25 for some stainless braded hoses and fittings (loads on ebay), then bought the smaller diameter rubber intake hose, plus bulkhead flange from Car Builder Solutions - Kit Car Parts, Tools and Accessories, here are the part numbers and costs from them:

BHFLA49 49mm O.D. Bulkhead Flange Connector 5.00 excl VAT 1 5.00 excl VAT
            VU50 Rubber hose 50mm ID x 432mm Long 12.50 excl VAT 1 12.50 excl VAT

Make me an offer for the genuine intake hose if you like (send PM), mine looks quite new compared to this one on ebay Ferrari 328, 308 QV, Air Hose / Plenum Tube # 118310 | eBay

Comment

Do you think it could be possible to modify the bottom of your plenum to fit over a Carb'd V8 Setup? I'd have to measure to see if I have room for it, but if I could modify it for use on top of my carb, I could be interested. Could you post approximate measurements of length , width and height? Thanks,
              Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
              Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Comment

Dimensions approx: Width 17cm x length 36cm x depth 6cm

Should be relatively easy to modify the bottom of the plenum, its GRP and can be cut with a small saw, dremel etc. What I did with some other replica engine pieces on mine, was to make simple cardboard versions of them, marked and trimmed it until I was satisfied it would fit, test fitted, then used the cardboard as a guide to trim the GRP replica pieces.

I've done the same with a few ex F1 car parts. Also fitted a Baldwin oil filter on a dummy mount beside the plenum as you can see here: http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/...psff1aae20.jpg

Apologies for the very late response on this thread. For anyone in the UK/Europe interested in these, I can bring a couple to Stoneleigh, Europe's largest annual kitcar show the first week of May. Just PM me with your mobile/cell number and we can meet there if you like..
                Last edited by redhot; 04-11-2014, 04:58 PM. Reason: added dimensions

Comment

a few pics

This is how it looks on mine. I bumped into the Ducati racing team at Le Mans last year and they thought my replica was modifed 308, which got me thinking, there's room for a few bits in the engine bay
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm interested... send me a pm

Comment

PM sent...I would be interested in one also..

Comment

Apologies from the slow response, have these in stock, just sent PMs

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X