What Can We Build For You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 76mx View Post
    Thank you IKR and 442. IKR, you I do know and do have an opinion and will extend to you the same courtesy that I did a stranger. Since you are already making the bumpers, I have no desire to compete with you, I think there are plenty enough projects to go around, even if that particular part must be flying off the shelf like hotcakes with the much larger real car market. But I am confused about something else now. I thought you and Ncrazy worked together on projects. I thought I even remember that you had the same tile on both shop floors in some of your product photos. Why would he want to compete with you on bumpers? It makes me further think that my head was being peed on.
    Charley, please don't rule out making OEM spec LP670 parts. NOBODY that I know of is doing OEM spec bumpers. I believe ncrazyballa is INSPIREcomposites from lamboclone.com. I give him props for his CNC body cutting but his parts are not OEM accurate and that is important to some of us. There is still a need for some high quality OEM spec parts in this market. There is a vacuum here.

ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER, do you not use gelcoat on your body panels?

Comment

Allright Bigpines, the timing of this is pretty suspect. Are you and LP670Mike trying to tagteam me? If so, please continue. It is one thing to say that I will not pursue something on my own, it is another thing when someone comes to me and wants parts made. We are still in the early stages, but I think we have something here.

Comment

Hahaha. No conspiracy at all. I believe this is just a case of great minds thinking alike. I am extremely interested but not quite ready to pull the trigger. I'll send you a PM. I'd like to know what the possibilities are and realize you may not care to talk specifics about how you could source OEM dimensionally accurate parts here.
        BigPines
        Last edited by BigPines; 05-02-2014, 06:00 PM.

Comment

i would be awesome if you could make the 355 molds again. hard top targa and spider. i would buy the targa in a heartbeat

Comment

Sorry Jsavior84, I hate to turn down any work, but a current Ferrari is one that I am not interested in, even if it is on the very edge of current.

Comment

Sorry Jsavior84, I hate to turn down any work, but a current Ferrari is one that I am not interested in, even if it is on the very edge of current.
              it sucks that the f355 (good) options are becoming really rare. hopefully someone will start them up again.

Comment

May The Fourth Be With You ... now if we could just produce a pod racer with hover drives ....
                [COLOR=#ff0000]
                [/COLOR]

Comment

76mx,

Is your offer still standing with regards to scanning and cutting, or have you found enough clientele to fulfill the void time between the tub production?

-Active
                  CJ

Comment

ActiveLife, I do have some things going but not so much that I would not want to listen to an inquiry. What have you got?

Comment

76mx, be prepared to create RTM molds for your OEM lp670 bumper if youre going to work with bigpines. he only wants the best quality and production methods.

Comment

76mx,
                        I always have more than business than I can handle, so I look for opportunities through those that can achieve a quality standard that my customers have grown to expect out of my products. I'm wondering how your operation works with what you are offering. I am well versed in having CNC work done, but any shop that has provided services have not had scanning capabilities.

Is this an opportunity that I can send you a prototype piece, have you scan it, CAD in flanges, and cut the mirror image mold for me out of a heavy weight REN?

Not having to CAD the prototype pieces helps on my end 10 fold (so your scanning is a large benefit), but then having the capability to handle the CNC work as well is just great! With designing and fit checks, I like to have a tangible piece in my hand... if I can just send you a piece and then have a mold delivered... would be a dream.

-Active
                        ActiveLife
                        Last edited by ActiveLife; 05-09-2014, 09:12 PM.
                        CJ

Comment

Originally posted by ncrazyballa View Post
                          76mx, be prepared to create RTM molds for your OEM lp670 bumper if youre going to work with bigpines. he only wants the best quality and production methods.
                          Wow, thank you for the heads up Ncrazy. Bigpines, all you had to do was tell me this, it did not have to come from a third party. I have no problem making the bumpers that I am not building for you with any material you wish, I can not make them from solid gold if you prefer.

Comment

Active, your second paragraph sums it up well, but let me qualify this. That was exactly the premise that this equipment was purchased on, but these are new toys for me and there is going to be a ramp up here. I do not want to mislead you into thinking this is standard procedure for us right now, but it better be standard procedure for us in the very near future. We are still on track for another 5-axis machine and a complete new welding shop with Buildpro fixture tables arrived last week. I understand your quality concerns and would suggest this: Give us a small piece or job and and see if we can do what we say and when we say and at a fair price and with the quality that you said your customers expect.
                            76mx
                            Last edited by 76mx; 05-10-2014, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ncrazyballa View Post
                              I have been supportive of your efforts and always give you props for what you have been able to accomplish. You have my respect. I am personally not interested in your parts but I admire your drive. You get stuff done and that is commendable. It would be nice if you would show others the respect they extent to you.

What is wrong with doing something right instead of hacking it? It almost always takes just as much effort and often nearly as much money. Yes, I like vacuum infused carbon fiber. Yes, it is overkill but that is what I am making because I want to. I am not asking ANYONE to do anything for me. Why is this such a concern to you?

Wow, thank you for the heads up Ncrazy. Bigpines, all you had to do was tell me this, it did not have to come from a third party. I have no problem making the bumpers that I am not building for you with any material you wish, I can not make them from solid gold if you prefer.
                              Not solid gold would be amazing! If you could not add some diamond bling in there, it would be perfect! I would definitely not have a one of a kind car. Who cares about weight distribution, gas mileage or power-to-weight ratio? Just think...not solid gold...
                              BigPines
                              Last edited by BigPines; 05-12-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Then solid gold it is and shall not be! And I will not charge you a penny extra for this! I am glad we got this straight, it could have been a train wreck. Thank you again Ncrazy.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X