Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Corson 512bb V8 #018

Just in from a trade, 1985 Fiero Corson 512bb v8 #018. $6000 obo
    Dont have the time with a one man shop here in Orlando fl.
    Drives and defenitly needs TLC. This is a resonable price for a car in this shape.

I am neClick image for larger version

Name:	Pic-10282014-013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	888.7 KB
ID:	390184w to Forum postinClick image for larger version

Name:	Pic-10282014-023.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	751.4 KB
ID:	390185g, so if you would like request more info with email address and I will get back with you.
    Just want what i have in it, pick-up only. 15 minutes from airport.

Interesting fact I just found out... The original 512BB shares the windshield wiper with the Countach..... god luck with the sale.

K9

Comment

There is so much to learn about these cars, Hoping to have a helper at the shop today to give that car the elbow grease it needs. I'll guess 5 years since the last wash!
      Does anyone know what 2-piece rims these are. I know they have some value, I want a little more info before I take them apart and recondition.

Comment

They look like Compomotive rims to me that were very popular back in the 90's when Corson was in business. These are getting quite rare to find now from what I understand.

Cheers
        Don
        308 Ferrari replica
        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Thanks for the information don,
          I took it for a spin today and the v-belt shredded off. not fun. but just slapped a new one on and threw away secondary air pump.
          removing smog from car. Is that a really bad idea? I guess i can put it in the kangaroo pouch in the back for now.
          throw-out bearing next on list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghaniman View Post
            Just in from a trade, 1985 Fiero Corson 512bb v8 #018. $6000 obo

This is a resonable price for a car in this shape.
            Actually that's a ridiculous price that really fux up the value of these cars. There were only a TOTAL of 100 kits + turn-keys made; v6 + v8, coupe + convertible. Of that 100, there were many more v6 than v8. I've seen the v8 cars go for high teens to low $20,000 when I've seen them available.

The kit was $10,000 unpainted. The nearest kit presently available is the Aldino which is still priced slightly above the $10,000 mark (unpainted).

The Euro interior with guages was several thousand un-upholstered IIRC. I believe it is no longer available.

The ferrari parts and emblems are worth a few more thousand.

The Compomotive wheels are worth several thousand, maybe more - rare and no longer available.

The price you're asking is what guys with 1970-era air-cooled vw-based are asking. A V8 fiero is worth that much.

Sterling based on a 1966 vw = $8750. http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4706559677.html

MGTD based on a 1969 beetle = $7500. http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/cto/4702714003.html

Here are a couple in your own area:

Tampa bay Gazelle - $6000 http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/4740397939.html

Sanford Gazelle - $5500 http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4689072873.html

Oviedo MG-TD - $10000 http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4714682621.html

Why don't you just part it out until you get your 6 grand and throw the rest away.
            Last edited by Corson008; 11-06-2014, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Or swap in a stock v6 engine cradle assembly and sell or use the V8 assembly for something else.

Comment

Ill be in Orlando in three weeks
                Put new belts and hoses and most importantly fuel lines
                They are very dangerous if old and dry rotted
                Should I bring cash ?

Comment

OK I Already did the belt and had a good cleaning. Can you private message me, I am hoping to drive it around till turkey rod run. Are you coming to orlando for the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona.

Comment

Did you have any idea what tires were on that Corson? Do you have more pictures of that car. I did not have any info on #18 in the Corson registry.
                    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghaniman View Post
                      OK I Already did the belt and had a good cleaning. Can you private message me, I am hoping to drive it around till turkey rod run. Are you coming to orlando for the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona.
                      Do you still plan to be at Daytona next weekend? If so I would like to take a look at the car myself.

Nelson
                      Nelson

Comment

Is this car still for sale??

Comment

there is one of these listed in craigslist in Las Vegas with v-8

Comment

Originally posted by punkit View Post
                            there is one of these listed in craigslist in Las Vegas with v-8
                            Here's the listing on the Vegas 512BB. Corson #008. Says 30k miles on V8 5.7 TPI engine, 5 speed, recent paint, new shocks/struts, working A/C... which is a bonus in Vegas.

Not a bad looking ride, but needs some work for accuracy. Looks like the front emblem is missing, huge gaps behind the headlights, wheels too small for fender openings? Can't tell if the front hood is all one piece, but I think it is. Interior is white, looks like redesigned dash.

I wish he had posted more pix... CL gives you like 20 or 25 photos for free. Use them, people! lol

Last edited by Drewbdo; 04-05-2016, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X