No announcement yet.

What is a 308 replica worth these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a 308 replica worth these days?

Stock interior, that sort - a friend is thinking of looking for one, wants to know the market value.

Re:What is a 308 replica worth these days?

The cost changes with each car depending on construction, condition, engine, interior, etc. I would not take less than 15 K for mine and have seen them much more or less.
    Nelson

Comment

My 328 was wrecked very recently(see wrecked 328 thread)...and I have been brawling with the insurance company on its actual cash value. I submitted several similar replacement cars from various sites and ebay starting at $18k up to 27,500. Yes there are cheaper ones out there but you pay for what you get.

Eric

Comment

I know of one for sale. Red 308, built to perfection. Best 308 lines I have ever seen. Only problem is it has the stock interior. Built on what was an 85 GT (I believe). The guy wants 15K obo. It's for sale today!

Comment

ari i sold my 328 for $4500 did'nt run stock int and good kit outside how much does he "are you ;D " want to spend? i only had to bleed the clutch.. : could always talk to pat on the 308 kit and build it yourself? or find a good one that he or she likes.. :-\

Comment

sorry also ive seen them from $3000-$18000 for the higher price you might be able to find a real 308 but then you have a high maintance car :-[ dont buy right away cause once you find one you like and buy it a better one will come soon :'( then you'll kick yourself in the @ss for not waiting. just like having a wife ;D ;D

Comment

Does this help Ari, sorry its from another sit though:
              http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/A...sified_id=3600
              I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Comment

Originally posted by lovef501
                ari i sold my 328 for $4500 did'nt run stock int and good kit outside how much does he "are you ;D " want to spend? i only had to bleed the clutch.. : could always talk to pat on the 308 kit and build it yourself? or find a good one that he or she likes.. :-\
                $4500? Sounds like someone got a deal!

Comment

kinda i paid $3500 with shipping and put about $500 or so into it then had to sell cause of the split up with the wife :-\ so i made around $500 not bad :-\

Comment

Originally posted by lovef501
                    kinda i paid $3500 with shipping and put about $500 or so into it then had to sell cause of the split up with the wife :-\ so i made around $500 not bad :-\
                    $3500? Sounds like you got a deal too!

Comment

yeah but had to put alot of sweet into it when i got it the interior was all out but all there. everything!! was out, the seat's were laying on there sides dash was all apart inside door panels off, the kit itself was good but needed to be lined up it was black gel coat but had alot of DEEP waves that i had to use bondo on but other then that i had a great time with it wish i could of kept it :'( :'( here is the last pic i have of it..

Comment

Hi Ari,
                        I have a 1985, 308 re-body with V8 Archie kit/ 350 engine and 5 speed, which is going to be on ebay right after it is painted (red). This one is a sample of 10 years project, haha. Major restoration has been done. New lowered coils, suspension, bushings and engine has all together about 500 miles on it. Inside smells new. It has been sitting at the bodyshop to get the paint done. I should have the car painted in a few weeks, depending on financial. I didn't make this kit. I bought the kit over 10 years ago for around 4,000.00. I put lots of time, love, labor, and money into this car. I didn't keep any reciepts because it would make me feel very sick to look at them, haha.
                        Reason for selling: My dad has been sick, and I want to give him most of the money to help him with the hospital bills and his living expenses. I'll post the ebay auction here if you'd like. Recent updates are newer style front bumper with turn signal lens, and better looking headlight covers. The car hasn't been driven on the road for at least 6-7 years. But I started it occasionally. Engine has been serviced last year. Lists goes on. I'll have all the lists in the auction. Bid starts around 9999.99
                        Pat J. Kalsmith
                        email: patkalsmith@fibersmith.net

Comment

i'm gonna go ahead and apologize in advance as i'm sure i'll be flamed but.........why the hell would anyone buy a friggin 308 replica for 15k or anywhere near it when you can have a much better looking/sounding/better investment for 20-30k for the real damn thing?! granted, they are def expensive to maintain, especially if you don't turn your own wrenches, but still....the thing will only go up in value and is the real deal. if maintenance is the only thing, then that's like saying you wouldn't buy a diablo or f50 for 40k and would rather build one? that just doesn't make a bit of sense. i thought people built replicas of cars because they know they could never afford to buy the real one to begin with, but when one is so within grasp such as a 308 or 328, then why not just buy it? ok, let the flaming begin.

Comment

5150: I am with you.

The kit car or rebodied are that I want should cost about $200k to $450k for the real thing. I think that would be a reason to do a body kit. You make a lot sense and I was thinking along the same lines of you. A 308 is pretty tame as far as Ferraris go.

Personally, if I were to get a kit/rebody car, it would be probably a late model S-5000 Countache or an F-50 or a Diablo or one of those very expensive Murcielagos!

5150: Which re-body would you get (the more expensive the better). I am asking because I am still searching for just the right one and if you give me some examples, I can use them to expand my search--flashier and the more expensive the better. This would preclude all BMW's and All Mercedes. Mercedes and BMW's are just not head turners, in my book. You don't hardly ever see anyone turn their heads to look at a Beemer going down the road. However, if a hot Italian re-body rolls up in the valet, it would turn lots of heads, esp the L.A. high class gold-digging hyenas. (I am not saying I want to be in a long term relationship with a gold-digg'n whore. I am jsut saying I want soil them and toss them. I won't even feel bad about it because their greed would be their own un-doing)

As you can tell, I have a lot of pent up anger against gold diggers. As a physician, I have to always be hyper-vigilant against gold-diggers of all persuasions. Sometimes, I strike preemptively, because the best defense is a ruthless/unapologetic offense.

sincerely. Dr. Moser.

Comment

I agree with the Ferrari 308 comments.....Why buy a 308 replica for $15K when you can have the real thing for a few dollars more (okay maybe around $20K for an early 80-81 model).

Besides most 308 replicas I see on Ebay or elsewhere are not that well put together...And nobody is making them anymore for a reason...They are a dime-a-dozen, even the real 308 cars...

I would opt for a F355 replica, if I was building one...The Lambo cars are almost a dead giveway that are not real, because most folks get afford one anyway....Plus they are too outrageous in the looks department....The F355 looks exotic but not outrageous....and costs a lot less than a real Diablo, or Murci...which are advanced replica builders for most people..

Just my opinion.......VK
                              Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X