No announcement yet.

What is a 308 replica worth these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re:What is a 308 replica worth these days?

I gotta disagree

I live in NJ...the most densly populated state in the entire country and I drove a 328 replica for an entire year every day as a daily (unbelievable headturning )driver. I may have see two others in the entire year I was driving her and they were both real and the drivers both thought mine was real as well due to how well it was put together(I didnt do it).
    Incidentally, you guys may not think they are worth 15k but my insurance company is convinced it was worth upwards ot 18k although I have not settled a claim yet so I really cant speak empirically on that topic YET.

I also disagree with the lambo comment. I also drive a yellow countach 5000 replica and everyone thinks it real. Noone looks at it and says oh that cant be real cause it would be too expensive. Believe me its like being Bon Jovi for the day every time I roll that bitch out of her cave.

just my two cents
    Eric

Comment

Maybe they are turning their head to look at the passenger ;D

Comment

Eric

I'm not bashing the Ferrari cars and some replicas DO LOOK great because they are made correctly and it shows....Your car seems to be an exeption rather than the rule...Besides, I was talking about the values of the early 308 cars and not the 328 cars...As you are well aware, the real 328 cars go upwards on $35K-45K in used prices. Not so for the 308 cars.

As for the Lambo cars, unless they are build correctly (most of them aren't) and have the right interior, most car people can tell if they are replicas or not....Besides, I live in NY state and around the modest, small town I live in, there are no exotic cars around...Once I saw an Acura NSX and a Pantera....If I lived in Miami Beach, Palm Beach or LA maybe driving around in a Diablo replica would be more accepted as the "real deal"...but not in upstate NY....However, if people compliment you on your Lambo, that' s fantastic!! It must be a great car....

Enjoy it and good luck on your insurance settlement...

VK
        Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Comment

http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/A...sified_id=4036
          A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

Comment

Here is a 1985 308 QV that recently sold for $19,500. The car was in Huntington, New York. Nice shape, ran well, had an overheating problem though, so I pass on it.

Dave

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

I heard that replacing the water pump on a 308 cost around 6000.00 dollars. Because it is pressed in. Is it true or is it a rumor?

Comment

Originally posted by pat_kalsmith
                I heard that replacing the water pump on a 308 cost around 6000.00 dollars. Because it is pressed in. Is it true or is it a rumor?
                Rumor... the water pump can be pulled after you remove the passenger side wheel well liner... drain the coolant, loosen a belt tensioner, remove the belt, and a few bolts hold the pump on. The pump itself is pricey, seems like we paid $500ish last time a friend bought one, but it's not that tough a job...

Bill

Comment

It is about a 2 hour process and the part does cost about $500. We put one in the car and it did not help. When you drove the car on the highway, it was fine, when you were in traffic, the car overheated. It also had a new radiator, hoses, distributors, radiator fans thermostat and the list goes on. I think the cams were shot so I decided not to get it. I will say, it sounded very sexy.

Dave

Comment

so he did sell it?

Comment

Yes, Mark sold the car to a guy in Nashville, TN.

Comment

good buy, I like the 308, but I'd prefer the 328 (between the two, I like that design better)

Comment

Aside from the quarter panels and front bumper, what are the differences?

Comment

Front and rear bumpers, Grill, front valance, 4 valves per cylinder, fuel injection, slight interior changes, AC, Radio. The car also sits up 1.5 inches higher due to US transportation codes.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by FunnyWheels
                              Yes, Mark sold the car to a guy in Nashville, TN.
                              i'm gonna have to find this guy, maybe get to help or at least ride in the thing!! they are so coooool.

Comment

Thanks Bill, Thanks Dave,
                                I've been told about the water pump cost from a guy who is in car business. Won't mention names.
                                Anyway, my 308 is going on ebay in about a week or so. I'll post it here as well. More details and descriptions on ebay auction. will start low, with no reserve.
                                thanks agian
                                Pat K.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X