• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SELLING - 2001 Diablo 95% Completed - 2JZ Ready

***LAMBORGHINI DIABLO 2001 – REPLICA***

The History behind the project…
    Auctioning a dream!
    The project started in 2008, when I was 17 years old (when I couldn't even drive in Brazil, legal age here is 18 years old)
    So it's been more than 10 years dedicated to building this project, in fact almost 15 years! That's why every step of the assembly process was done with extreme detail and dedication, as they say, haste makes waste!
    The car follows 100% of the original car, without any customization or modification.

Power Train “Plug & Play”, curiosity and versatility!

I chose a 2JZ-GTE with original Toyota Supra 6-speed Getrag transmission (transmission and engine not included) so it's a "plug and play" option, since that the engine mount is already made for the 2JZ.

The curiosity of this project is that, originally, the Toyota Supra is a a front engine car and rear wheel drive, so in this project the powertrain of the Toyota Supra was installed in the back of the car with the transmission pointing forward, so how we can make it a RWD as the original Lamborghini ??? … The solution was a custom made “V-Drive” capable of handling +1000hp to sends the power back to the rear making it a RWD car!!!

This makes the project even more versatile, as you have the freedom to choose any engine setup that fits in the engine bay, be it mid, rear or front engine... and I can tell you that the engine bay is huge! So In theory, you can put any engine you want, just some welding work to chage the engine mount and you’re ready to go!

What has been done, what is included and what need to be done to complete the project?

What was done and what is included:
    - Laser Cut tube chassis made by Scuderia Marinelli;
    -Fiber Glass Body made by Scuderia Marinelli;
    - Suspension (Bilstein Shocks and Eibach Springs);
    - Hydraulic Clutch System intaled;
    - Brake System Instaled (ABS Ready)
    Front: Corvette Z06's giant calipers + Rotors;
    Back: Willwod 4 piston calipers + Z06 Rotors;
    Handbrake hand crank as the original (on the floor, left side of the driver's seat);
    - Engine and transmission mount for 2JZ Engine + Transmission;
    - Custom Made V-Drive (built to handle +1000hp);
    - Engine Cooling System with 2 high performance radiators + fans;
    - Seat Belt System;
    - ORIGINAL Interior Lights;
    - ORIGINAL electric window and mirrors buttons;
    - VintageAir Air Conditioner Evaporator case and air duct hoses installed on the dashboard, ready to fit your custom HVAC sytem;
    - All interior parts is done and ready to be installed!
    Door covers, seats, dashboard, etc were hand made in Black and Tan leather (see the inspiration example in the picture), the console and mid tunnel is fiber glass made and covered with carbon fiber, so is exactly the same looking as the original car, in the dashboard the complete gauge system have the same setup as the original car.
    - Complete Glass Set is included and ready to be installed;
    - ORIGINAL Italian Made SpeedLine Corsa 18” Lamborghini Wheels (those are rare and expensive) tires are not new but in good condition.

Here is the soul of the car… THE PAINT JOB (from far, this is the car highlight… top notch job)

The paint job was literally, LITERALLY 100% handmade from the scratch!
    Over 2 and half years was dedicated to every detail of the car, every line, every curve, every crease was done and redone with a clinical eye.

The car was painted in the Lamborghini color "Arancio Atlas Mic" with PPG's ORIGINAL Tri-Coat paint, in each painting step the car had 6 to 7 layers of each coat from the “tri coat” applied, I really invested heavily in the paint job because it is exactly the first look that will make an impact, and will make a god impression on those who see the car.

What need to be done to complete the project?

I consider the project to be 95% complete...

Assembly of chassis and body, suspension, brakes system, sterring wheel, whole glass set and interior parts, wheels and tires (tires are not new but in good condition) and many other details have already been done or is included.

So basically what you will need to do is the installation service of the interior, glass set, and the electrical system… The car goes without the powertrain, so you will choose your prefered engine which will result in a customized electrical system, so that’s why car will go without the electrical system.

Shipping and Handling
    The car is in Sao Paulo – Brazil, the nearest port to ship the car is Santos Port.
    I can ship it worldwide, buyer will be responsible for every shipping, handling, insurance and taxes costs.

YOUTUBE VIDEO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI1Fgbp1VU8

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X