X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Ferrari kit on a Lancia for sale

http://www.findit.co.uk/cars/kitcar/projects/262560.php

Re: Interesting Ferrari kit on a Lancia for sale

That's a pretty accurate looking replica. I wish it was in the US. Except for the 1.6 liter engine and right hand drive, I'd be all over it.

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Comment

the glass is a little big but the body looks great, what's up front? hard to see.
      Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

I agree,

The glass is a bit big but the body has got some nice features.  Especially the hood area and front fenders.  The wide Euro front spoiler "buit in" is nice and I love the rear 1/4 windows and "pretty accurate" gas fill area.  No gas door in the fender is something that I would love to do by my body is painted so I'll have to live with it.

Looks like the brake booster, Master Cyl and winshield wiper motor etc in the hood area but I don't see any radiator up front.  I do like the amount of room in the front radiator area though.  I think the tall side glass and winshield may get to me after awhile but hey,,,  Mabye and nice chop is in order.

One thing (only going by the one pic that is available) I'll say is:  With a nice chop and rake on the roofline, a V8 and the normal detail work, I'd love to have that thing.  I'm not sure what the original Lancia Interior would look like but hey, how many people in the U.S. have actually seen one?  I'm sure it would lend itself to a pretty "euro-look" inside and at least it would'nt have a Fiero Interior to start with..

UPDATE.  After looking at the car,  I just had to register on the site and e-mail the owner.  I'm curious to see if it's still available and if I can get any additional pics.  I do have 2 close friends in the UK but I'm not sure where in relation to this car.  Talk about an expense trying to get that thing over here.  I'd love to see more pics though..

Update 2. I just got an e-mail with a few more pics. The back of the car looks pretty good too. Overall, not a bad looking replica. Boy if it were in the states, I'd be tempted to pick it up and try to mount the body on the Fiero, utilize the Fiero Roof etc and mabye do a custom winshield like some of the 355 guys are doing.
        Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Comment

the lancia would be utterly useless here since replacement parts dont exist period. they are hard to find in europe, but here lancians simply dont even exist :-\
          Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

Originally posted by kit4me

Update 2. I just got an e-mail with a few more pics. The back of the car looks pretty good too. Overall, not a bad looking replica. Boy if it were in the states, I'd be tempted to pick it up and try to mount the body on the Fiero, utilize the Fiero Roof etc and mabye do a custom winshield like some of the 355 guys are doing.

Can you e-mail me the pictures and I will post them?

-Chirs

Twincam18@aol.com
            https://home.comcast.net/~deputy_dog/image001.gif

Comment

DeLorean00 ,  Pics sent.  I'm sure others may get a kick out of the 2 other pics.

AutoMX ,  I agree.  "screw" the Lancia.  Good luck finding parts for it here (or there for that matter).

I was thinking tube frame or mabye try to adapt the body to a fiero.  A little "off" in some of the dimensions but like I mentioned in my e-mail to Delorean00,  I'd take it just to have it around.  Hell,  I'm up for hacking it up and making it into a track car. (like I don't have enough to do...) At the very least, It would be a conversation piece down the track that's for sure!..

My conversion was off though.  5000 British pounds I think convert to about $8500 U.S or so.  Mabye an expensive project. I wish it were closer though, I'd like to see it in person.

Comment

Here are the pictures! Thanks agian for sending them.

-Chris
                Attached Files

Comment

Another,
                  Attached Files

Comment

Glad you got the pics.

Is'nt it weird that all of these 308 replicas have the large gap between the tire and the wheel well.  I thought it was a "Fiero thing" but I get a kick out of the fact that this one has the same look in the back.  I'm going to be installing by adjustable rear coilovers in the back when I  do the enigne swap so hopefully, I'll bring mine down just a bit.

I also noticed that this replica does'nt have the "seam" in the body like the real 308's and the replica 308's in the U.S.  I did'nt really notice this at first. Kind of strange looking the more I look at it but I like the way the front of the car looks, especially the hood opening.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X