Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need COMPLETE Fiero Exhaust. URGENT!!

HI Guys!

Okay, I've had it with this discombobulated turbo system. Does anyone have a Stock Fiero Exhaust System (With the EGR Port?) I am deep sixing the Turbo, and all it's illegal pipework.

I have Headers, but need all of the other pipes for the exhaust system....(Buying new hi-flow cat and muffler) Most especially I need the EGR Port.

If I take off the turbo system, I can have a shop here install the new system...but they cannot work on my car in it's current configuration...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! The turbo system is literally coming apart at the seems...it isnt even worth trying to fix. HELP!!!! Yes I have money...and will pay for UPS shipment!!!

Steve
    87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

Re: Need COMPLETE Fiero Exhaust. URGENT!!

By the way....(as I was too dumb to put this in the first post...) The Exhaust needed is for a V6
    87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

Comment

When do you need this by? I have a 1985 V6 that is coming out next weekend and I can part with the complete exhaust including manifolds, piping, etc... The car is getting a 4.9 so custom exhaust is going back on it.

What area are you in? I am located in the Northwest US.

Comment

I could use it as soon as it is possible to get it here!

Just let me know how much! I can pay by paypal, or check.

Steve
        87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

Comment

And again I forget half of the information........

Sorry about that, I am located in Southern California.

Steve
          87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

Comment

Not really sure what it is worth, so make me an offer. As long as you pay the actual shipping cost I am pretty much ok with any reasonable offer. PM me and we can discuss further. I plan on getting it off this weekend.

Comment

If you haven't had any success, give me a shout on my email.

I found two 2.8 exhaust systems this weekend. One even had the down pipe, the one I grabbed for my car. Of course the muffler was shot, but for $20, who's complaining?

There was another set that was cat back. Muffler was not in too good a shape either, but the pipes and both outlets were there. Only one tip though.

The downpipe is just about a lazy 90 degreee bend and then runs about 3 feet across to the other side. 90% of the bends you need are there, one or two new mufflers and?

I would try and take pictures if you are interested.

Russ
              Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!

Comment

Thanks man, but I managed to score a complete one for Free!!! BONUS!!!!!! (It is missing the EGR Tube, and the manifolds, but it is good!)

To make things even better, one of the guys on the site is sending me the needed items at a great price! (Life saver!)

Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it! Happy Holidays!

Steve
                87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

Comment

What kind of turbo stuff do you have available for sale. I am interested.
                  If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Steve,

You should be seeing postal Ken cruising up in Barbie's repo'ed Vette any day with the needed items!

Brent

Comment

Yea, seriousley.... what all do you have with the turbo? Why wouldn't it work? I am really looking for a power adder BAD!!! IM me.
                      Holeshot Films<br />http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...1/f418009d.jpg

Comment

Take my advice, if you are looking for more power, an engine swap is the way to go.

The turbo system they installed is illegal in the US. No catalytic converter, and no EGR, so it is unsmoggable, and no honest shop in the country will touch it, for fear of being fined. Also, the loss of the cat, and egr will cause computer problems, and ultimately engine failure, as the engine was originally designed to have them installed. Problems with fuel delivery, and fuel/air management, combustion temperature and pressure, and the list goes on.

If you do go with a turbo system, ensure it has a cat, and egr!!! Failure to have these can result in a $50,000 FEDERAL fine. ( it is mandatory for all vehicles manufactured after 1973 to have a cat installed, and you can go to jail for removing/disabling it) For the money it would cost, (about $3500 ), you could get a really healthy V8 or 3.8L 6. The turbo (in a usable form) will only give about 100 additional horsepower, so the 3500 buck seems kind of silly. Any GM v8 can put out 300 horses without breathing hard, and it is quite easy to dial up the 3880SC motor as well.

Your other option is supercharging, use either a Vortech, or a Paxton. Vortech gave me a quote of $3300 installed for a supercharger system.

The reliability of the v6 goes WAY DOWN if you tweak it too much. You start having sensor problems, O2, MAF, Idle, and TPS, ect, and then computer problems, (Surging, stumbling and the like). It just isn't worth it. Trust me, I speak from experience here. What else would make me strip 125 horses off the car?

Best advice I can give, would be to go with the 3400TDC motor, or the 3.8 supercharged 6, or for the ultimate big bang, go LT1. Those engines can be tweaked, reliably. I am following my own advice in a few months, I plan to talk to DKOV, and find out more about his engine, as I think that is the one I am going with (3400TDC) I talked to Vortech, and for the same 3300 bucks, I can be pushing over 400 horses, instead of 290-310. (DKOV's motor is reported at 322 hp right now, with natural aspiration).

Steve

87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

Comment

Steve:

I am running a 1999 Buick 3800, normally aspirated. Everything is working well but the need to build some exotic horsepower into the 3800-V6 has my interest. I love the engine and design and thought the little turbo would add some glitz and pop to the otherwise humble workhorse GM engine.

Comment

Mapics,
                            It would, but usure about application. You would have to have it designed for the car, and have it tuned to handle. I know you will need a BTM (Boost timing module), a boost retarder, and the turbo. The pipework would probably have to be custom fabricated.

I bought this car with the turbo installed....thought it was a good idea, untill I got to know it.

You could possibly use Grand national parts? They used a 3.8L 6, and I have seen those things pushing 5 and 600 horses in the magazines.

I am not trying to steer anyone away from installing a turbo..it just needs to be done correctly, unlike the one on my car :'(.

Steve
                            87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

Comment

Steve:

Your thoughts expressed with regard to having the Turbo installed properly are taken to heart. I have seen some real messes over the years. Here is some of my plan: The exhaust on a 3800 exits towards the rear of my 355 rebody. I removed the trunk and really opened the back of the donor Fiero up to accommodate a turbo, oil cooler, intercooler, plumbing etc. I want to have a lot of polished aluminum and mirror finish stainless steel firewall covers to show off the package. I used a 355 challenge Grill in the rear of the car with the mating Ferrari superstructure so you would be able to see into the engine bay as well. I have powder coated what I could, painted the engine and transaxle GM orange/red, installed polished strut tower bars, and a polished X brace to replace what I chopped out, chrome this and that. Well, You know the drill. I want to have a street rod type 355 that could win a show every now and then.

Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X