Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FunnyWheels we are all pulling for you!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FunnyWheels we are all pulling for you!!

Dave is going through some very tough times. So rather then focusing on the gloom let focus on positive. So in this thread lets all share something nice about how Dave Newman aka FunnyWheels has affected our lives. I think its important that all his friends let him know how they feel.

I will start.

Dave has helped me more times then I can count. Anytime I had a question about how to build my kit Dave always popped up within seconds of my post with a post with a perfect picture and explanation of how to solve my problem. It seemed that Dave must have taken 1000's of photos of his build.

Also Dave was nice enough to invite me to his home when I was in Florida. He, Bobby, and I spent some great hours sitting by his pool in a very warm November day. I was able to enjoy his car FunnyWheels in person and got to take some great photos.

So Dave I am pulling for you.

Whos next?
    https://home.comcast.net/~deputy_dog/image001.gif

Re: FunnyWheels we are all pulling for you!!

Hi Dave,

Although we should never talk politics, I have always respected you and could not have built my car with out your help. I cannot express my gratitude to you for your assistance. When I first started this kit car build, I was going to build a G24 for $10k. After reading this web page and seeing Funnywheels, I changed my mind and went with the AD355. I am very happy that I have a completed driving car now and not a pile of trash with a lot of money wrapped in it. My build is a testimonial to you. There have been a couple of times when Chris and I were working in his "lama barn" on our cars when we got stuck. Each time we called you in desperation, you helped us. I can remember the time that you drove home from an event to email us some pictures on how to build the rear bumper brackets. These little gestures that take moments out of your life, saved us many hours and dollars. It also shows the greatness of your character. I am a crazy car nut, but it is not the cars that drive me. It is meeting people like you that makes building, driving, and owning these cars worth it.

God's speed on your recovery,
    Shane and Carolina

Comment

Dave
      Thanks for all of your advice and putting me in touch with contacts to help me with my build.
      Most of all, thanks for looking after this site! It's my only real addiction! (Oh and cars... and girls... and...)
      Munky

Comment

Dont know you Dave, but I sure like to! You sound like a great guy! Im on your side buddy!

Dan

Comment

I have had a great respect for Dave ever since I made the trip to Florida to see his car. I called him on a Saturday to see if I could possibly come look at it. He told me that his car was over at Sean's house, and that I could just get ahold of Sean and go look at it. So when I finally went to see it at 9:00 at night... Dave was there. After working all day, he drove the extra hour to come down and be there. He said "If you are going to come all the way from Indiana, the least I could do is come down and meet you." Thats Dave. Always thinking of others and their feelings first.

When I started my build, I really wanted a 355 spider, but I was not sure that it was possible. Everybody said that it was extremely hard and the coupe was much easier. I was almost ready to give up on what I really wanted to settle for something else. I remember that I asked Dave what he thought. His reply changed my path. He said... "You can build whatever you want. A spider is definatlely more work... but its not hard. You just tackle one issue at a time and eveuntually you run out of issues." It is at that point that I knew I would build a spider.

Dave has not only tackled all of the issues on his car, but he has also helped with the issues on most of our cars as well. I think we all have a great appreciation.

Dave, this is one of those issues in life. You just tackle one thing at a time. I know that you know how to do that. I have seen what you are capable of. This will be no different.

You are in our thoughts, and I hope that you keep us updated on your progress.
          -Toby and Jen

Comment

Dave,
            I have got you in my prayers, and your family as well. Get well my friend.. The boys in front of me have said everything that I would have said...

Comment

never met David but i know he is always there to help anybody who needs him, all prayers his way and his family. get well David

Comment

Dave,
                I wish the best for you... we all do here on this forum. Isn't it great that so many well-inclined, well-educated folks are tooting their horn for you? You deserve to have a full uncomplicated recovery. The help you provide to those you know, and not so much, is irreplaceable. Keep that head up and positive, I know you are in all our prayers.

Eric

Comment

Dave,
                  I just read about this. I hope things are going well for you during this time, everything has already been said that can be, but rest assured, I'll keep you in my prayers.
                  Sincerely,
                  William

Comment

Never met or spoken to you, but my thoughts are with you and your family.
                    Stay Positive.

Brian

Comment

dave our prayers are with you and your family

keep up the good fight

Comment

Dave, I am another forum member who has not met you, but I have faithfully followed this forum because of guys like you; who are always there to lend a helping hand. Like all of us on here, I wish you to be well, and all the support in the world for you and everyone around you. Steve

Comment

It just is amazing receiving all of the emails and cards from all over the world. I go in for the thin scan MRI and MRV plus a pressure test to see if I need fluid drained prior to surgery. I am out of all options. If I don't have the surgery, I will be deceased in a month or so. I can barely walk (crawl) across the bedroom to use the bathroom. About the only thing easy to do is look up stuff on this site.

The tumor is due to be removed beginning at 11AM on The 3rd. They suspect it will take 6 - 8 hours to go therough everything. 4 - 5 days in intensive care then about 10 weeks recovery. I have one of the top 5 brain surgeon's in the US working on it with his team. I am still shaking in my seatbelt with a lot of sleepless nights just waiting. I am taking massive steroids to reduce brain swelling plus pain pills.

I am thankfull to all of you. I will never be able to express my full gratitude.

Very best regards,

Dave
                          If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Dave call or email me if there is anything you or Meg need. Please tell Meg to log on here and let us know how you are doing. I have added you and your family to our church prayer list. Me and my shop guys are going to stop and pray for you at 11am on Thursday.

Comment

Dave, just logged in for a second and WHAT..... OMG! hey, for all the kitcar people out there, Dave is one of the best, always willing to help, offer a suggestion and best of all provide 10 different pics to make sure you wont have to do it twice!!!!
                              Dave I'm not religous, but, with all my heart I hope that you pull through this....
                              best to you & Meg,
                              Sandy
                              "rubber side down, shiney side up!",,, those roadracing years prove very true!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X