Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you have a BlackBerry?

Originally posted by prototype2
    are you running on a commador 64 as well?
    Thats the only way I roll!

Comment

I have a Blackberry Storm and it's the biggest POS I've ever had the misfortune to own.
      Where I work, they have been giving them back to IT and telling them to get something better.
      I've had it upgraded and pull the battery. I went to a store and asked them to help me with the damn thing and they offered to put me on an early Saturday AM training thing they have been forced to do for them. I asked them if that would stop it rebooting, crashing when I'm trying to save video or just simply freezing up on me.
      Maybe it's because it's one of the first when they came out but I really didn't expect this type of junk. It looks good, the idea is good but just don't do it!
      Googe maps on there is good though... One saving grace?

Comment

Blackberry storm IS a pile...why? Because its a TOUCHSCREEN. I heard the same thing from users of the Storm. GARBAGE. But the real blackberrys (keyboards) are pretty damn reliable day in and day out. I beat the crap of of mine and use it well over 4000 minutes a month and constant barrage of emailing. Never had an issue. But its a Curve not a Storm. I saw that thing in the store and tried to use it....put it down and knew I was never going that route.

Comment

Originally posted by gegamgasparian
          Blacberry sucks. And so do it's users!!!!!!! Especially green.

iPhone all the way loosers!!!!! Picture and video all in a text mesage!

Let the flamming begin.
          Hey sucka my new update gave me the availability to text pics and videos, and i didnt have to hack my phone to do it. sup now? ;D

Comment

Originally posted by MunkyKing
            I have a Blackberry Storm and it's the biggest POS I've ever had the misfortune to own.
            Where I work, they have been giving them back to IT and telling them to get something better.
            I've had it upgraded and pull the battery. I went to a store and asked them to help me with the damn thing and they offered to put me on an early Saturday AM training thing they have been forced to do for them. I asked them if that would stop it rebooting, crashing when I'm trying to save video or just simply freezing up on me.
            Maybe it's because it's one of the first when they came out but I really didn't expect this type of junk. It looks good, the idea is good but just don't do it!
            Googe maps on there is good though... One saving grace?
            My curve was doing the same thing, it would reboot at night and pull so much battery doing it for so long, it would kill the battery, my phone would die and id wake up without my phones alarm to wake me up, thats where i ran into a blackberry rep at the sprint store who G-Moneyd my phone, did a bunch a crap to it a told me about the updates. I have never seen a cellphone guy do his job until then. So just find the right person and you are set.

Comment

You guys should really consider the G1, touch screen but tough! It isn't skinny as an iphone and it has a full keyboard. I have had it since before it came out and loved it! It dropped it so many times, caught it on fire, drove over it, dropped it in snow, water, ice, soda. And to this day it works perfect! A few weeks ago I cracked the screen and it still works perfect with the crack! Doesn't effect anything.

Comment

UM guy, wtf are you doing to catch your phone on fire and run it over

Comment

Getting rid of my Blackberry was one of the best cell phone days of my life. The browser and cell phone are below par. I would say that it was a glorified pager. I went back to a dumb phone just to make calls. I am now using a G1 and give it a B+.

Comment

Blackberry isnt really a great internet phone. Its always been geared toward email productivity. It still is the best email phone and I havent found a phone better for it. Its not that I wont try another phone its that I wont switch service providers to do it. So until Verizon comes out with a G1 or Palm Pre im sticking with BB.
                    Ps. Im typing this from an Ipod touch (same touchscreen as iphone) and it takes me twice as long because of constant mistouch of the letters. You also cant use a touchscreen with one hand very easily.

Comment

yah id like to see someone reply to emails while driving, eating, ect. on a iphone. also i have never touched a g1 phone but my buddy "iphone owner" had used his girlfriends and he said it was garbage ??? either way the new blackberry tour is suppose to be best.

Comment

Nokia N97 all the way, or wait for the N900

Comment

I know its bad and illegal but yes I can txt, check email, email, etc from my curve with one hand while driving. I try not to but at least I can. I try to use the Touch with one hand and its a joke.
                          Don't go Tour just yet. My friend has it and he is about to get a Curve instead. The Tour Trackball is junk. I can confirm that because I have tried to use his phone and help him set it up. He had to take the phone back once already because the trackball. He even said the Verizon store said the trackball was a problem on that model. Also, Im sure you can change them but the icons suck. They are invisible. The keyboard is also not as usable as the Curve.
                          The only thing better on the tour that I see is the screen and internet. I think BB has to be working on something better but for now Im sticking with the Curve. Had it almost 2 years and its the best phone I've owned.

Comment

i think this is the reason why iphone is better than our blackberrys as far as problems, they stick with one phone and keep making it better. blackberry just keeps popping out 3 new phones a year. its annoying they just need to spend a little longer on them. kinda reminds me of the whole xbox 360 thing where they made them too fast and had major problems

Comment

yeah Iphone has had it issues. They have come out with a new version. What Apple does is just as bad. They come out with a product, then they update it and lower the price after you paid out the ass for the first one. Then they add little updates to the software here and there and nickel and dime you by charging you for them. At least they do this on the Itouch.
                              A couple weeks ago I bought an update for the Itouch for $10. Then 2 days later it was $5. They don't credit you either. You just get F'd because you bought it earlier than others.
                              Another thing Apple does is purposely put out a product without a feature that seems ridiculous that they didn't add it in the first place. They then either come out with a new version with the feature or they charge you $20 bucks to update the software. This is evident in the new Nano. It takes Video....but no snapshot....seems like a no brainer..has video should have snapshot right? Nah this will be after you pay 189 for it they will have a nice software update for 19.95 on itunes. Then after they exhausted you of $10 here and $20 there. they will come out with an entire new version after Christmas that has everything plus 1 more cool feature. It comes out after Christmas because they want the Christmas crowd to go out and buy up all the old inventory before they release the new stuff.
                              Its really genius and I guess just good business for them.
                              I love apple products but they got to stop giving it to the customer in the rear.

Comment

Verizon is finally coming out with some good phones this year. There are a few android phones rumored to come out by the end of the year. A few from HTC and 1 from Motorola. The key to these being good phones is if they incorporate multitouch. Before everybody would shy away from it but other phones are starting to include the pinch to zoom multi-touch gestures like the palm pre. I'm no fan of the palm pre because the screen is too small, but I also am no fan of the blackberrys. The blackberry is a more business oriented phone and it serves it purpose for that. An Iphone is more of a phone to play with and it really serves it purpose at that! I also disagree with a lot of constraints and decisions apple made with the Iphone. I kinda wish we get some worthy competitors so I can brake freely away from the Iphone without missing it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X