PHOTOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHOTOS

This site must have amassed a huge number of photos and rather than going thru all the threads could there not be a main album just for kit car pics, sub albums for builds, parts, etc. ????
    [COLOR=#ff0000]
    [/COLOR]

Re: PHOTOS

yay! I can't count the number of hours I've spent looking for a particular pic or car. So, this would be different from a build thread somewhat like a lambo forum page I saw recently? It grouped all photos by user name if I remember correctly.

Comment

Darn good idea ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Pics is one of the main reasons to view the threads!!!!!!

Comment

I think the build threads out to be build threads, period. The creator documents the build, no other comments. No bickering, no pissing, no pointless comments like a teenager....You are the best builder, EVEEERR. I could do without it. If someone would like to comment it would be in the general section with a link to the build thread. Lock the build threads from post other than the creator. My 0.02

Comment

I like that idea. Just pictures and how to by the builder. no comments from tire kickers, unless the builder has questions.

Comment

Originally posted by bartman
            I think the build threads out to be build threads, period. The creator documents the build, no other comments. No bickering, no pissing, no pointless comments like a teenager....You are the best builder, EVEEERR. I could do without it. If someone would like to comment it would be in the general section with a link to the build thread. Lock the build threads from post other than the creator. My 0.02
            I agree. But, how many build threads you have, bartman? Myself, I am gonna post when a question comes up I can answer. Seems like when too much info about what you did gets posted (IE photos), someone tells you that you did it completely wrong. Thats OK if they know what they are talking about, not always the case. Thats why I am shy about build threads is that I have had people tell me I did it wrong (turns out I used something off-the-shelf and didn't spend enough money for their liking), or someone calling BS that I pirated someones photos, but yet they do not tell me who, even with MY watermark! Everyone has opinions how something should be done. I certainly have mine, and lately have not been hesitant to say them, so I am guilty as well. No-one wants to have their tens if not hundreds of hours of work discredited (god knows I have worked countless hours on something that proved fruitless and have left me stranded). This isn't a problem if you haven't done this before but for some of us that have been 'auto fabricators' for tens of years, it becomes a peeve. I could be guilty of this, but if I could personally help, I would.
            Not sure where I was going with this, but I would post photos to a place where people could view them, and not post BS comments about why didn't I do it this way, or, how come you used xxx when xxx was available, but yet we are all available by PM. Takes the sparkle out of a job well done. Bartman, agree? Once again, MY .02.

Comment

Originally posted by FerrariXXXman
              Originally posted by bartman
              I agree. But, how many build threads you have, bartman? Myself, I am gonna post when a question comes up I can answer. Seems like when too much info about what you did gets posted (IE photos), someone tells you that you did it completely wrong. Thats OK if they know what they are talking about, not always the case. Thats why I am shy about build threads is that I have had people tell me I did it wrong (turns out I used something off-the-shelf and didn't spend enough money for their liking), or someone calling BS that I pirated someones photos, but yet they do not tell me who, even with MY watermark! Everyone has opinions how something should be done. I certainly have mine, and lately have not been hesitant to say them, so I am guilty as well. No-one wants to have their tens if not hundreds of hours of work discredited (god knows I have worked countless hours on something that proved fruitless and have left me stranded). This isn't a problem if you haven't done this before but for some of us that have been 'auto fabricators' for tens of years, it becomes a peeve. I could be guilty of this, but if I could personally help, I would.
              Not sure where I was going with this, but I would post photos to a place where people could view them, and not post BS comments about why didn't I do it this way, or, how come you used xxx when xxx was available, but yet we are all available by PM. Takes the sparkle out of a job well done. Bartman, agree? Once again, MY .02.
              I'm not sure how to take "But how many build threads do you have, Bartman?" I have none. I am a full time builder. Here is the thing. It is not "my" build. I am hired by a customer. The build, the pics, the details are not for me to post. They are the car owners to do with as they wish. Until recently I have never worked for anyone on this forum. It is a great forum but probably less than 1% of the kit people out there are on this forum. If you think this is "THE" kit car world, you're livin' in a matchbox.

And on many points I agree with FerrariXXXman. Some people get on here just to tear down other people's builds. Even though for those of us who do build cars can tell that poster has limited experience or knowledge, people seem to respond to it and encourage it.
              Just let build thread be build threads, locked by the creator. I think Murcie me has done a great job documenting his transition of an OK G28 into a great car. Boy is it painful to go through his build diary because of all the BS in between. I bet of the 100+ pages it could be an great 30 or so.

Comment

This is exactly why i keep my customers build threads and my 1 off build out of the build threads. Its only for nutswingers and haters when it should be for learning and teaching. I can garuntee if someone posted a pile of poop and me and murcie-me said of that looks great everyone would agree, but post a good looking car where someone didnt cough up $6k for oem wheels and someone sh*ts all over it and everyone hates it. Heres the kitcar worlds biggest secret NONE of you know who has the best build and who doesnt because you would have to drive the car to know. Murcieme and gegams cars will be nice for only 2 reasons 1. Completion and 2. Money
                With those 2 things any car can look amazing, and anyone of you can achieve those 2 things, its not like your making the kit. so then where does the skill come in? Well thats when you look and see does the gauges work? does the paddle shifter? ect. so far no one with a lp640 has shown those parts to work they just claimed to have a version, so any of you can do it, its just weather or not your willing to try. I garuntee MisterD doesnt get near the props as murcie-me, not that he hasnt done a Great job but because he doesnt have a g28. So it "Appears" Like he hasnt done as well but that is far from the truth. Murcie-me does good work, but he has had help from friends with builds and here you guys can do it too and dont let the haters get to you, they are just gods way of keeping you motivated

Comment

Title thread said photos, where? I don't see any here lol
                  William

Comment

Bart, I have no build threads, and asked why you have none, and explained my position on them. I think you feel the same as I do about all this. This seems to be compounded with the fact that some folks here post constantly and yet I've never seen anything they have ever done. Yet, they sure know how to type a great build. Takes more than typing fingers to assemble a car, got to get out and do it, more importantly have the skills, know how and proper tool$ for a job well done. I guess now I will have to wait for a PM or email from someone who doesn't like what I said. But now, we all know this is part life here.

Comment

Ferrarixxxman that is the reason I posted this thread http://www.madmechanics.com/build-di...452/#msg137452. I agree with your opinion. Tire kickers

Comment

I partially agree with this. Only posts asking the builder to clarify on something specific to the build should be permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenmeansgo

This is exactly why i keep my customers build threads and my 1 off build out of the build threads. Its only for nutswingers and haters when it should be for learning and teaching. I can garuntee if someone posted a pile of poop and me and murcie-me said of that looks great everyone would agree, but post a good looking car where someone didnt cough up $6k for oem wheels and someone sh*ts all over it and everyone hates it. Heres the kitcar worlds biggest secret NONE of you know who has the best build and who doesnt because you would have to drive the car to know. Murcieme and gegams cars will be nice for only 2 reasons 1. Completion and 2. Money
                          With those 2 things any car can look amazing, and anyone of you can achieve those 2 things, its not like your making the kit. so then where does the skill come in? Well thats when you look and see does the gauges work? does the paddle shifter? ect. so far no one with a lp640 has shown those parts to work they just claimed to have a version, so any of you can do it, its just weather or not your willing to try. I garuntee MisterD doesnt get near the props as murcie-me, not that he hasnt done a Great job but because he doesnt have a g28. So it "Appears" Like he hasnt done as well but that is far from the truth. Murcie-me does good work, but he has had help from friends with builds and here you guys can do it too and dont let the haters get to you, they are just gods way of keeping you motivated
                          This is where I have to disagree. Ask MURCenary, 6.0nut, Bocelli, Gegamgasparian, and Staggard look. NOBODY helped me with my build! NOBODY would give me answers, or even suggestions. I wanted certain things on my build. Power windows, working bat-wings, working rear spoiler, OEM interior, and working guages. I originally was going to have TED from Rarecars.org build my car, but when I asked for these things he tried to talk me out of them. He said I didn't need working windows, because Fiero's have A/C!
                          He told me the other things I wanted weren't possible, because he didn't know anybody who could do it.
                          To make a long story short, I finally decided to at least TRY to do it myself. I was not always successful on my first attemt at something, but I learned from my mistakes and tried again till it came out the way I wanted.
                          Have you guys ever seen a "how to" diary on bat wings before? Me neither, thats why I did one. It shows how I did it, after trying several different designs. This one works best, and is the most reliable.
                          The list goes on with my car. I even asked Steve from Triangle-G for help on some things, and he basically just played dumb with me. He actually went out of his way to make things harder for me, even going so far as to give me false information that he KNEW wasn't true.
                          I had to figure everything out for myself, and thats why my build took so long. I dont mind sharing what I've learned with anybody who asks. I KNOW what a nightmare these builds can be, firsthand. I know how discouraging it is to come to a problem, not know what to do next, and have nobody to ask.
                          Without talent experience is worthless

Comment

Mikes rightbecause his work doesn't exist anywhere else. There are a lot of haters.

Comment

I know this first hand... Murci-Me did his car 100% on his own, through tial and error to come up with this build. In fact I'm glad he did because now that he is doing my windows and bat wings etc, I know "he has it down"...

The great think about Mike is he is more than willing to tell or show someone how to do certain things the correct way the FIRST time.. where as many other builders are not willing because the fear they may give up a trade secret OR they do not want someone elses car to turn out better than one they built.

Keep up the great work and sharing Murci-Me.

Greanmeans go... I agree... until I get to see a build up close, one can;t say how good the build is without inspecting it and making sure things all work rather than looking at "photos" from afar... well anything can look decent.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X