X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why my kit has not been getting worked on ---house renovation pics

Before...........
    Attached Files
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Re: Why my kit has not been getting worked on ---house renovation pics

After........
    Attached Files

Comment

WOW! looks 100% better great work on the design, i am under remodel hear so i know about the stress and cash loss.

Comment

WOW!! Looks great!!

A true man remodel, house stays the same size, garage more then doubles!
        https://home.comcast.net/~deputy_dog/image001.gif

Comment

I have been busy all summer at my latest project. I wanted to take a typical looking bungalow, built in 1973, and turn it into something more attractive. The corner casings are fake red sandstone made in my backyard fiberglass shop. I also made the archways over the garage doors from fiberglass.
          I've customized cars all my life but this is my first custom house. ;D
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean00
            WOW!! Looks great!!

A true man remodel, house stays the same size, garage more then doubles!
            LOL - Never thought about that but you are exactly right.
            The extra garage is for my [finished] Koenig.

Comment

can you give us close up pics of that fake stone you made?

Comment

Here's one......... I'll look for more
                Attached Files

Comment

Another showing the plug on the left and the mold made from it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Holy schmokes! Cool stuff with the fiberglass brick you thinking about marketing that? I wanted to do something similar with the front of my garage, since that sticks out in my property and the house is on the rear portion of the lot. Great work, I bet you feel like a million bucks getting from A to B all in one summer. Great work. Eric

Comment

That's a nice comfy looking house you've got there...
                      The twin garage' now that's how we should roll!

Comment

Looks great Dale;

Very nice remodel. I have to say you should be proud of the remodel as it really stands out from the road now.

Godo work.

Cheers
                        Don
                        308 Ferrari replica
                        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

That is cash!!!! What kinda material or finishing did you use to get the stone look?

Comment

Originally posted by Faker
                            That is cash!!!! What kinda material or finishing did you use to get the stone look?
                            The "stone" look was accomplished by glueing 1 inch thick pieces of foam to plywood. The foam is easy to rough up to look like a rock. The panel was then coated with a couple coats of epoxy resin to give it a hard shell. [See the brown panel on the left in above picture] A polyester resin mold [see the right pic] was then made from this. Products were then pulled from this mold. The mold is in 2 pieces that bolt together at a flanged area thus creating a corner piece. Each face is 2 foot wide by 8 foot tall. The "rocks" on the product are each coated with gelcoat and different colors of red and brown sand is embeded on each rock. Finally gelcoat is brushed between each rock and a grey sand is applied to give a cement look. The small piers at the bottom of the veranda posts are from another mold. All that is missing now is a skirt to go along the bottom edge of the deck made from the same material. Going to start working on that this morning.
                            I don't plan to market this. I just wanted something unique for my home. Thanks for the interest.
                            Attached Files

Comment

thanks forshowing us.nice and simple.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X