Ferrari California "experience"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari California "experience"

A couple of weeks ago my father got a fancy little box from Ferrari in the mail, inside it contained an invitation to a track/road event for the new Ferrari California, which allowed him 30 min on the free road with the car, and 30 min on the track. Very cool I taught, and it even said guest's are allowed, instantly I taught I was going to have the time of my life in one.. wrong you had to be 25 to drive and being 23 I couldn't but either way I hoped in the back seat with my father behind the wheel and a Ferrari F1 driver in passenger seat and he hit the street. This car is one hell of a beast, but yet so functional. The roads where we were driving were nothing but bumpy, pot hole filled street and you didn't feel any of that. And the accelartion on this car was beyond anything I have ever seen. But the highlight of the day was the track session, since I wasn't able to drive because of my age the F1 driver took me on a couple laps around the track, WOW... I have never been on the track before this time, and it was amazing. I was kicked back in my seats then at every turn you'd see signs saying "4,3,2,1" and you'd feel the car slow down just a bit and then glide through the turn without even hearing a tire screech.

Anyways if you don't want to read all the above here's the point.. Ferrari has outdone them self's with the California, the car has every thing you can want, and there is nothing the car does not have. And don't think it is not a daily driver because the one we drove had 10k miles already and the only maintence done to it was 3 oil changes ;D

If this car wasn't priced at $220k fully loaded it would be sitting in my driveway right now. But hopefully it will be in my fathers driveway by the end of the month, he is in love with it ;D

Not trying to be a rep for Ferrari or anything, but this car is simply perfect

Re: Ferrari California "experience"

sick car.. let's allow DNA to breathe for a moment to devlop a suitable replication of the 599..No pressure DNA.. None at all.. none whatsoever.. take your time... as frankie says..

Comment

Thanks for the review. Im sure it was a killer performer...

Me personally though, not a fan of the california exterior, especially the stacked exhaust... :-X

The 599xx on the other hand is just pure sex...

Comment

Originally posted by caligula
        sick car.. let's allow DNA to breathe for a moment to devlop a suitable replication of the 599..No pressure DNA.. None at all.. none whatsoever.. take your time... as frankie says..
        This made me laugh. DNA get a move on! We need this asap. But just like what caligula said... No pressure DNA... None at all lol

Comment

Was your dad picked randomly or does he know someone?

Too bad you didnt get to drive it.

The california is a sweet looking car but IMO is it doesnt look exotic. It looks more like a sports car, which is cool but id much prefer something long and wide with mid engine like the 360/430.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Shadow

Too bad you didnt get to drive it.

The california is a sweet looking car but IMO is it doesnt look exotic. It looks more like a sports car, which is cool but id much prefer something long and wide with mid engine like the 360/430.
            I think DNA should do the 458 next. It's right in line with their product line, very similar dimensions. Their experience with the 360 and 430 should make the 458 relatively easy to engineer and produce.

Comment

Pretty sick car none the less I like the 430/360 too but the california is rare. I remember when I was in a gallardo I touched everything... the seats, the ac, the headliner...EVERYTHING. I bet it was an unreal experience for you fill-up. How was the backseat? Was it just as fun as being up front and driving? Im so exciting from hearing this. brb as i call dna lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4Shadow
                He was picked randomly, I am guessing because of the neighborhood he lives in. He has an effing 12,000sq foot home. But he has never bought a new car so I am hoping this California changes his mind an he finally let go of his SC he has had for 8 years lol

Comment

Originally posted by caligula
                  I replica would be cool, but I don't think it would be worth it because the California has a ton of small details on the body and when the tops up it looks like a completely different car then when it's down. Also the interior is just so perfect on it, everything you want is there and in the spots you want it (gps, radio button, power mirrors, power adjustable suspension, etc) and you can't even feel or hear the transmission shift, its so smooth.

But I think DNA should get going on the 458, the F1 driver showed me a few pics of the base pace car version he drove and it looked amazing.

Comment

Well in THAT case... DNA, scrap the 599 idea... betta gets ta gettin on our every whim.. I hereby decree that DNA WILL in fact build a 458.. (should I start a new thread?) ;D

Comment

It is a very beautiful car, and love the fact that it is a hard top that converts to a roadster. I got a chance to see several of them in January at the ferrari show. There is a kit for them already. i saw it several months ago on youtube. They were out of the Uk
                      Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
                      White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
                      White Gagliardi Vendetta
                      Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Comment

Originally posted by madmods
                        There is a kit for them already. i saw it several months ago on youtube. They were out of the Uk
                        Any chance you can find the YouTube link? I know Enzo Designs did one on a BMW called the 'Californication'. There was a big kick-up over it because they actually managed to get it to market before Ferrari got their California out. As far I'm aware they only made five and won't be making any more. They also didn't have folding hard roofs but the original BMW canvas roofs.

I would love to see the video you found, Enzo has been very secretive over it and I've never seen any proper photographs of any of the cars.. The only ones I've seen have been from a kit car show a couple of years ago where there's just a couple of panels covered in cloth..

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X